Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hamas Attacks Against Israel

Fergasun

31 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@CousinsCowgirl84 and @TradeTheBeal! Did yall even read the article?

It's one thing to take clothes off to search for weapons and giving them back, the first picture is packing them in trucks and sending them off without letting them putting their clothes back on.

🤷‍♀️ it’s not like they mowed them down and raped their women. They’ll be fine.

• Thumb down 1

Indiscriminately bombing entire cities, telling people to evacuate with no where for them to go, not allowing aide in. These are all repugnant.

Undressing a bunch of terrorists and loading them up in a van. Not repugnant.

This is a side effect of social media. Everyone acts so dumb. Just move on to the next thing, the next thing, the next thing. Pretty soon it’s just all blah blah blah. 

I wish people would keep their focus on stuff that is actually bad instead of just continually posting bull**** aimed at pushing people’s emotional buttons.

Not just with this conflict. But with most things. Elon Musk/SpaceX/Tesla, Joe Biden, Trump,  Wokeness, whatever.

Keep the criticisms on just what is real, not on all the latest **** post meant to garner reactions.

Failing to keep the focus on the actual bad things than most everyone can agree on in order to pile on just allows these bad actors to escape accountability.

”You’re a rapist, a fraudster, you colluded with Russia”

”I didn’t collude with Russia, see its all fake news”

dot dot dot

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

By taking they clothes off? 

Is that something our military does that I'm not aware of? 

Yes.

To add, we do it with prisoners of all types frequently. We would usually give them a bunny suit eventually. But you don't have time to thoroughly search all of their clothing. The IDF could be doing this better but also a whole lot worse.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Indiscriminately bombing entire cities, telling people to evacuate with no where for them to go, not allowing aide in. These are all repugnant.

Undressing a bunch of terrorists and loading them up in a van. Not repugnant.

This is a side effect of social media. Everyone acts so dumb. Just move on to the next thing, the next thing, the next thing. Pretty soon it’s just all blah blah blah. 

I wish people would keep their focus on stuff that is actually bad instead of just continually posting bull**** aimed at pushing people’s emotional buttons.

Not just with this conflict. But with most things. Elon Musk/SpaceX/Tesla, Joe Biden, Trump,  Wokeness, whatever.

Keep the criticisms on just what is real, not on all the latest **** post meant to garner reactions.

Is that your way of saying you didn't read the article?

If the images were published by the Israeli army, as they appeared to be, Shakir said, they could amount to a war crime under international law that prohibits “outrages upon personal dignity.” More videos showing mass arrests have appeared this week.

This week, the United States, Israel’s closest ally, called the images “deeply disturbing.”

8 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Yes.

To add, we do it with prisoners of all types frequently. We would usually give them a bunny suit eventually. But you don't have time to thoroughly search all of their clothing. The IDF could be doing this better but also a whole lot worse.

I doesn't sound like our military drives around with half naked dudes ince confirmed they dint have weapons, they either put something in them or gives them their clothes back.  Could be worse is a fair opinion, still wrong AF is the point.

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I doesn't sound like our military drives around with half naked dudes ince confirmed they dint have weapons, they either put something in them or gives them their clothes back.  Could be worse is a fair opinion, still wrong AF is the point.

So your outrage boils down to.......a bunny suit?

• Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So your defense boils down to.....trying to pretend that a "bunny suit" isn't different from naked?  

:)

Edited by Larry

38 minutes ago, Larry said:

So your defense boils down to.....trying to pretend that a "bunny suit" isn't different from naked?  

:)

Were they?  They article is paywalled but all the pics I've seen, they've had underwear on.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
Autocorrect
  • Thumb up 1

38 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Is that your way of saying you didn't read the article?

Publishing photos of war prisoners is a war crime. I agree that they shouldn’t have published the photos. I’m not that bothered by it though. The action itself was justified.

41 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

No, parading them around in a truck after taking their clothes of us...saying we decloth to look for weapons but still gives them something to wear after is clearly different.

This being this difficult to matter is disturbing.   Someone did this to our troops and posted pictures about it I wouldn't expect indifference.

38 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

We're they?  They article is paywalled but all the pics I've seen, they've had underwear on.

The article doesn't say they are naked, jus they didn't give them their clothes back before sending them elsewhere PLUS they put out photos (as the article believes it was from IDF itself)

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

No, parading them around in a truck after taking their clothes of us...saying we decloth to look for weapons but still gives them something to wear after is clearly different.

This being this difficult to matter is disturbing.   Someone did this to our troops and posted pictures about it I wouldn't expect indifference.

It's not indifference. It's about appropriate level of outrage or lack of need for it. Again, could have been better.  But I'll hold my concern for the female hostage whose pant crotch was bloody from the repeated vaginal and anal gang raping.

I'm willing to bet that I spent more time naked in bootcamp with an old man staring at my butthole than they are spending truly naked.  They'll be fine.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Publishing photos of war prisoners is a war crime. I agree that they shouldn’t have published the photos. I’m not that bothered by it though. The action itself was justified.

Yea, it's not my place to make you care, my point is it still does matter.

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

It's not indifference. It's about appropriate level of outrage or lack of need for it. Again, could have been better.  But I'll hold my concern for the female hostage whose pant crotch was bloody from the repeated vaginal and anal gang raping.

I'm willing to bet that I spent more time naked in bootcamp with an old man staring at my butthole than they are spending truly naked.  They'll be fine.

You got a point on "level of outrage"...the article does a decent job of showing a pattern of IDF releasing pictures and media that frankly come across as propaganda to feed their own people...human rights groups, UN, even our own government are calling it out...they may be fine on a micro level, but it's part of a much larger macro problem.

As far as I can see, there are only two pictures of prisoners in the article. This is the one I was able to post. 

image.thumb.png.e342b400433605a969239617f88aea78.png

The other,  has these guys or some others, kneeling on the ground blindfolded*,  on a sidewalk,  in their underwear waiting to be loaded onto a truck.

* actually, maybe not blindfolded 

Edited by Spearfeather

Just now, Spearfeather said:

As far as I can see, there are only two pictures of prisoners in the article. This is the one I was able to post. 

image.thumb.png.e342b400433605a969239617f88aea78.png

Can you describe the other?  At least if nudity is seen or unknown?

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

u got a point on "level of outrage"...the article does a decent job of showing a pattern of IDF releasing pictures and media that frankly come across as propaganda to feed their own people...human rights groups, UN, even our own government are calling it out...they may be fine on a micro level, but it's part of a much larger macro problem

Or, and just playing devil's advocate, they are feeding just enough blood to their citizens to keep them fed. They know they have a level of bloodlust that must be controlled.

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Can you describe the other?  At least if nudity is seen or unknown?

The article says "stripped to their underwear". The images Ive seen, which you can google, support that.  Have only seen speculation that the images were intentionally leaked by IDF.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

23 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Or, and just playing devil's advocate, they are feeding just enough blood to their citizens to keep them fed. They know they have a level of bloodlust that must be controlled.

While I agree with your premise, it's rough because stuff on the ground sounds in some ways worse then what the IDF is intentionally showing off to its citizens that "they got this". 

They both are disturbing to me, if Biden is sounding the alarm in Israel slowly losing support, this is starting to add up.  I expect the President of our country to look at matters like this through a different lens then rest of us, bug picture, so again, I'm not trying to make you or anyone care in this thread.  you don't need to for this to matter to who it needs to matter to.

37 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

While I agree with your premise, it's rough because stuff on the ground sounds in some ways worse then what the IDF is intentionally showing off to its citizens that "they got this". 

They both are disturbing to me, if Biden is sounding the alarm in Israel slowly losing support, this is starting to add up.  I expect the President of our country to look at matters like this through a different lens then rest of us, bug picture, so again, I'm not trying to make you or anyone care in this thread.  you don't need to for this to matter to who it needs to matter to.

Biden has to answer to “Hamas was justified” lefties and a huge Muslim voting block (which leans left). Political realities have nothing to do with whether or not your freakout over terrorists in underwear was justified or not.

Also completely different conversation than “when should there be a ceasefire” “who should be in charge of security in Palestine after the war” and “is it even possible to defeat hamas”.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Thumb down 1

38 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Biden has to answer to “Hamas was justified” lefties and a huge Muslim voting block (which leans left). Political realities have nothing to do with whether or not your freakout over terrorists in underwear was justified or not.

Also completely different conversation than “when should there be a ceasefire” “who should be in charge of security in Palestine after the war” and “is it even possible to defeat hamas”.

Just pointing out that we don't know they were terrorists either.

• Like 2

US official told CNN that the US believes that the Israeli military is using the dumb bombs in conjunction with a tactic called “dive bombing,” or dropping a bomb while diving steeply in a fighter jet, which the official said makes the bombs more precise because it gets it closer to its target. The official said the US believes that an unguided munition dropped via dive-bombing is similarly precise to a guided munition.

Edited by Spearfeather