Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I like beaux limmer the same way that I liked Stromberg last year. As a day 3 back up, who could move into a starting roll in a few years, but provide great depth going forward.

If our IOL was hypothetically Wylie/Gates at LG, SVP or Zak Frazier at C and Cosmi at RG, with Strom and Zimmer behind them, I'd feel really good about the interior.

Sign a RT and draft Paul or Kiran Amaji day two or even a Goncalves on day three, I think I really like our OL and it's depth going forward. Not a huge investment, either.

Goncalves would be an excellent pick day 3

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

By chance, IF GM Peters trades our 2nd to move down and load up on two excellent OL keep an eye on QB Spencer Rattler from South Carolina.  I believe he will...

Edited by RWJ
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Were not drafting Rattler after drafting Maye 2nd

Notice I said, "IF"  with caps.  I don't expect it either and YOU know that I am all into Maye.  See my signature, WH!  :) 

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Were not drafting Rattler after drafting Maye 2nd

Some people get it, LOL  :ols:  With all due respect, some people need to open their eye, Cough, WH.  Maye has been on my sig for months at #2. 

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

My god if we trade down and pass up on Maye/Daniels and settle for Soencer effing Rattler this entire regime should be fired into the sun

Got some Effexor for ya, WH!  :bye:

• Haha 1

Interesting scenarios being proposed out there in the interwebz about the Commanders trading for Justin Fields and selecting Maserati Marvin. I personally would love if this becomes a reality and with Kingsbury running the O now, that could be incredible.

Edited by Chump Bailey

7 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Interesting scenarios being proposed out there in the interwebz about the Commanders trading for Justin Fields and selecting Maserati Marvin. I personally would love if this becomes a reality and with Kingsbury running the O now, that could be incredible.

Not happening. Fields stinks.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

At first glance I have reservations about the wisdom of that movr but I'm open to whatever scenario we decide on.

For the first time in far too many years I actually trust our decision makers to evaluate all acailable options intelligently and come up with the best solution to our critical qb quandary.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Interesting  series of vids produced by LSU on Jayden "That Kid" Daniels...

Pt 1: "Ultimate Competitor"

Pt 2: "100% Committed"

Pt 3 "Leader"

Pt 4: "Electric"

Good Lord is that kid laid back. I mean, so laid back. I know he's from California and all, but jeez...he may need to show a bit more fire at the next level.

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

Who would be throwing passes to Harrison in 2026?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Who would be throwing passes to Harrison in 2026?

Why are you asking me? Either they trade and sign him to a new deal or or they won't. We have the cap space to do just such a thing as well. 

1 hour ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

At first glance I have reservations about the wisdom of that movr but I'm open to whatever scenario we decide on.

For the first time in far too many years I actually trust our decision makers to evaluate all acailable options intelligently and come up with the best solution to our critical qb quandary.

I'd take Fields over any rookie QB aside from Daniels in a heartbeat. 

Edited by Chump Bailey

16 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Why are you asking me? 

Fields only has two years left on his contract. You’d either have to commit serious guaranteed money for him or franchise him. Whatever you give up for him in terms of draft compensation means you have less to address the OL and other holes.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Fields only has two years left on his contract. You’d either have to commit serious guaranteed money for him or franchise him. Whatever you give up for him in terms of draft compensation means you have less to address the OL and other holes.

I like and think he can be a really good Qb.  My question is this.

1. What does a fields extension look like he not a top 5 Qb. It will be alot but with the cap going up it may not be that bad? I think fields can be more then an above average qb. 

2. The  more important question is what do we get if we trade out of second pick? I could be ok with fields as Qb depending on if we get a kings ransom for the 2 pick.  I would not trade for him and still pick 2 but if I drop to nine get 2 1st and 2 2st I could easily be ok with fields.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I like and think he can be a really good Qb.  My question is this.

1. What does a fields extension look like he not a top 5 Qb. It will be alot but with the cap going up it may not be that bad? I think fields can be more then an above average qb.

2. The  more important question is what do we get if we trade out of second pick? I could be ok with fields as Qb depending on if we get a kings ransom for the 2 pick. 

The scenario I was responding to had us taking Harrison at 2.

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

The scenario I was responding to had us taking Harrison at 2.

My bad, Taking Harrison at 2 and waiting for a Qb? I think that depends on how high they rate Harrison. I could live with that if the really up the oline in 2nd round. I think we will be bad next year no matter what so I am not against just getting top players at each position. The team really only has 4 or 5 good players.

Edited by Redskins 2021

14 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I believe it was staying at 2 for Harrison and trading other assets to bring in Fields. 

I would probably want to move out of two not that Harrison is not good enough he is probably the best player in this draft.  If we made the move for Fields.

We have so many holes to fill. I think fields is definitely starter level. I just think that the oline and defense is so bad we need as many players as we can get.

I think one of the seconds for Fields would be good if we can get a reasonable extension. It will really depend on how high the scouts rank Harrison. I think it definitely has to be discussed. The problem is the other holes.

Edited by Redskins 2021

Im against any plan that brings in Fields. Its an auto reject from me. I can live with taking Daniels over Maye at 2. I can even live with trading down and ending up with someone like Mccarthy. But Fields? Hard pass(ironically something Fields cant do).

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1

3 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

So you have them rated:

Daniels

Fields

Williams/Maye

I think the only way I could ever get them into that order is if I accidentally clicked “sort by PFF rushing score” on one of @Skinsinparadise’s spreadsheets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I am making a detour on Ricky Pearsall.  Don't recall what I watched initially but weeks back I wasn't impressed.  I watched more this morning and I liked him a lot.

He's not quite McConkey for me.  But he has some similar traits -- likely slot WR in the NFL, similar build, feisty player in spite of his size as to contested catches and YAC.  Most likely a threat on the 2nd level in the pros.

He's sudden in how he runs his routes, some good double moves, seperates well.  good run blocker from what I saw.  Very good hands, one of the lowest drop rates in this class 3% which is insanely good, some really nice catches.

UF's Qb was "meh" as was their O line and yet still put up almost 1000 yards.  Very good get IMO in the third round even better in the 4th.   Tough to gauge is speed.  He has long legs so I gather his long speed is good.  But his 40 -- guessing 4.55 or so?  Will see.

In the two games i watched, they put him in motion like mad and oddly never handed him the ball.  Played both slot to wide.  Productive for multiple seasons.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am making a detour on Ricky Pearsall.

I was always curious about your initial take on him. Glad to see you pivot. 

20 hours ago, Ball Security said:

We have the coin and draft capital to do it. I really like the potential of Kingsbury and Fields. I realize we have other holes to address with the biggest one being QB. I think Fields can be a winner. 

On 2/9/2024 at 10:00 PM, Koolblue13 said:

I like beaux limmer the same way that I liked Stromberg last year.

I like Beaux as well. That one or two reps of him going up against the best NT in the class IMO were fun to watch. Ranking the Center's now - he'll definitely be on the list. I really wish we would have drafted Juice Scruggs last year however. 

• Like 1