Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Just now, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

He's flashed a bit on underneath stuff, but not my focus so easily could have missed those poor reps.

I havent focused on him either. Just noticed receivers with a lot of room around him. Could be due to a zone though. 

Just now, dunfer said:

i dont think many agree. we can pick up some extra picks to move out of the maye/daniels discussion. They seem to be as much a crap shoot as any other guy. Hoprfully we hire the right folks to figure it out. 

You don't pass up a potential franchise QB for more draft picks..

• Like 1

Just now, bh32 said:

I’m not sold a potential franchise QB will be available to us at 2. 

But we’ll see as things unfold.

2 minutes ago, bh32 said:

I hope we get the guys that can determine that opposed to the previous tries. My original post wasnt about not taking a qb...I just wanted the new guys to explore every option

Edited by dunfer

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

The LT, their best NFL line prospect, has been bad, too. 

To me it looks like Penix has elevated all of them all year. When he was on this year this offense looked absurd. 

Tonight he’s bad and the other guys are playing poorly as well. 

Penix has cooked his draft status tonight.

The LT is usually considered to be converting to a Guard in the Pro's. I think there was one game where the RB was making things happen, and the LT was getting some good drive blocks and second level blocks so it got me really excited for him. The way this game is going, he's also going in the 2nd round and not the 1st.

Odunze's gotta be the only Washington player whose draft stock isn't hurt. Polk is definitely not looking like a 1st rounder as some have hyped.

Jimmy Garappalo led a team to 13 regular season wins and a SB appearance.  Penix is not that bad, he can hit a Garappalo ceiling.  He's a second round talent and a worthwhile project for a team that's not picking top three this year.

JJ McCarthy has real upside but he needs to go back to school.  Right now he's a background singer for a rock star running back on a great team.  He needs to go back and prove he can carry the load and show the ability to run an expansive passing game.  If he does, he has first round potential.

Corum is the real deal.  He's a top 20 player in the class, but I just don't see how you can pick a dude that's 5'8 in the first round.  But at our second rounders, he is ultra interesting.  Way more so than the tier of receivers likely to be there during those picks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

The LT is usually considered to be converting to a Guard in the Pro's. I think there was one game where the RB was making things happen, and the LT was getting some good drive blocks and second level blocks so it got me really excited for him. The way this game is going, he's also going in the 2nd round and not the 1st.

Odunze's gotta be the only Washington player whose draft stock isn't hurt. Polk is definitely not looking like a 1st rounder as some have hyped.

Some believe Cooper Beebe is a second rounder. Fautanu has and had zero shot of being drafted ahead of him to begin with.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Of everyone involved tonight, the worst looking bunch is Washington's coaching staff.  They did nothing to change up what was not working against Michigan and when it's clear that their line cannot handle Michigan's pressure, it's the same send everyone long and leave the line and QB hanging to get pummeled.  And now with the game clearly over and Penix looking beaten and hurt, they are risking this kid's health with the same tired play calls that hasn't worked all night.  

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m not sold a potential franchise QB will be available to us at 2. 

But we’ll see as things unfold.

Well if you don't take a shot at the top two then you definitely won't get one..if they don't work out you keep trying..I mean what do we have to loose?

Just now, bearrock said:

Of everyone involved tonight, the worst looking bunch is Washington's coaching staff.  They did nothing to change up what was not working against Michigan and when it's clear that their line cannot handle Michigan's pressure, it's the same send everyone long and leave the line and QB hanging to get pummeled.  And now with the game clearly over and Penix looking beaten and hurt, they are risking this kid's health with the same tired play calls that hasn't worked all night.  

Sounds like a different Washington…

Just now, bh32 said:

Well if you don't take a shot at the top two then you definitely won't get one..if they don't work out you keep trying..I mean what do we have to loose?

Drafting a potential bust and resetting the clock. I’m not saying not to go QB at 2. I am saying I’m not sure about Maye, though. 

We’ll see.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Some believe Cooper Beebe is a second rounder. Fautanu has and had zero shot of being drafted ahead of him to begin with.

He is moving down my board for sure. Has not been good tonight. Have you watched Barton? I love the guy as much as Beebe. 

Just now, clskinsfan said:

He is moving down my board for sure. Has not been good tonight. Have you watched Barton? I love the guy as much as Beebe. 

Not a good watch, no. Cursory I don’t have him as good as Beebe but I’d need to watch more.

• Like 1

Drafting a potential bust and resetting the clock. I’m not saying not to go QB at 2. I am saying I’m not sure about Maye, though. 

We’ll see.

Maye has grown on me some recently. Has a great build. Im just worried about some of his mistakes. He makes egregious errors at times. 

• Thumb up 1

We’ll see.

You were high on Howell and Maye is superior in every physical attribute compared to Howell,so what's the concern?

Just now, bh32 said:

You were high on Howell and Maye is superior in every physical attribute compared to Howell,so what's the concern?

What does me being high on Howell have to do with Maye?

Did I advocate drafting Howell at 2 overall? 

Just now, KDawg said:

What does me being high on Howell have to do with Maye?

Did I advocate drafting Howell at 2 overall? 

No,but you said Howell was a potential franchise QB,so why can't Maye be a franchise QB?

2 minutes ago, bh32 said:

No,but you said Howell was a potential franchise QB,so why can't Maye be a franchise QB?

1. Because Howell was Maye before Maye.

2. Because I have learned from my Howell evaluations

3. because I had Howell as a 30ish ranked player in my rankings, I don’t think Maye is any better. Just bigger and faster. If that makes a guy better, okay.

4. I’m not sure where I rate Maye yet in the class as a whole. 
5. Again, I wouldn’t have taken Howell at 2.

6. Any QB with actual potential can be a potential franchise QB.

Edited by KDawg

Just now, bh32 said:

Having the potential to be a franchise QB doesn't necessarily mean that prospect is worthy of being drafted #2.  Maye may be worth the 2nd pick, he may not be.  I think we're early in the draft/scouting process, so lots more to come from many different sources.

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

I’m not sure where I rate Maye yet

watch a lot of film brother. Because 90% chance he is our number 2 pick. I would much prefer Williams. But Chicago is going to take him. I am fine with Maye. He reminds me of Burrow a lot on film. There are risks though with all of these guys.