Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

He's probably cash poor. 

Couldn't come up with $20k?  I have trouble believing that.  There has to be more to it.

I think he is worried that he is going to violate the terms and lose that money so he didn't want his own cash in there.  That seems like a very scared position. 

44 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Couldn't come up with $20k?  I have trouble believing that.  There has to be more to it.

I think he is worried that he is going to violate the terms and lose that money so he didn't want his own cash in there.  That seems like a very scared position. 

Its been long rumored that he has liquidity peoblems. And it was 200k if he posts it hmself, I believe. I read it cost him 20k to the bail bondsman + fee (the bondsmen pays acts as a proxy of trust for the other 180k like a loan). 

Curiously what's odd was he would have eventually gotten the 200k back if he paid it himself.  He's out close to 30k (estimated) using the bondsman, right? 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thumb up 1

46 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Good info. The entire 200k in cash and Trump couldn't/wouldn't pay it despite it being returned to him after the trial. 

He's likely cash poor or cheap. Or both. 

well… I don’t know. I definitely subscribe the theory his wealth is not as advertised. So I’m certainly not trying to argue that 

but I also subscribe to the theory of using other peoples money when it makes sense. And it probably makes to pay a fee and lock up 10% of it from your money and make bondsman put the other 90% up. 

one thing I caught reading that is the fee can be upwards of 15%. I have no doubt it’s possible the arrangement was - I’m not paying you a cent, you’ll get free publicity (the bondsman’s name/company has definitely been in the news) 

and we know he operates that way. Lots of people like him do. He claims value just on his name when it suites whatever the purpose of the moment is. 

if I were to bet I’m guessing he’s not paying a fee and this let him only lock up 10% of it instead of forming over 200k for the duration of a trial they seem to want to push off for however long they can get away with

1 minute ago, tshile said:

if I were to bet I’m guessing he’s not paying a fee and this let him only lock up 10% of it instead of forming over 200k for the duration of a trial they seem to want to push off for however long they can get away with

Or he is pretty confident that he is going to violate the terms and loose that cash.

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So the article didn't address this but what I heard elsewhere was that his bail was $200k but the jail itself has a 10% program which means you only have to put up $20k in cash (but not other property).  The bail bonds company charges a 10% non-refundable fee to post for you.  So he PAID $2k to a bail bonds company instead of just depositing a REFUNDABLE cash $20k.

I could be wrong on my understanding but if I'm right, I think it is very interesting that he took that route.  I get he is cash poor but Jesus, I could come up with $20k to stay out of jail..

well the link says that’s not true. I have no idea if that specific link is accurate, it’s just what I found quickly and it seems logical in what it says. 

but it says I’d trump was going to pay his own cash, it has to be cash, and it has to be for the full amount. 

• Cash Bond – You can bond yourself out of jail in Georgia if you have the cash to pay the total amount of the bail set for your case. In this case, cash usually means cash. No credit cards, checks, or payment plans are accepted. The good news is that with a cash bond, the entire bail amount is returned to you when your case resolves, regardless of the outcome.

4 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Never use your own cash when you can use someone else’s.

Correct. 

and again, if that link is right …

• Bail Bond – The vast majority of the time, people opt for a bail bond. The bail bond agent agrees to front the court the full amount of the bail on your behalf. In Georgia, you pay the bail bond agent up to 15% of the bail as a non-refundable fee.

the use of “up to” as the qualifier means, to me, there isn’t a minimum. Ie - it’s possible he’s paying the bondsman 0$. 

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

well the link says that’s not true. I have no idea if that specific link is accurate, it’s just what I found quickly and it seems logical in what it says. 

but it says I’d trump was going to pay his own cash, it has to be cash, and it has to be for the full amount. 

Let me dig some more.  Totally possible I misunderstood something. 

Also, if I’m reading it right, he took 0$ out of his accounts to pay the court. 

so if that’s right he has paid 0$ for anything outside of the fee charged by the bondsman and I’m willing to bet he didn’t negotiate a 15% fee 😂 

I’ll take an interest free no money down indefinitely loan for 200k any day. 

as long as the reason isn’t something awful. Like. Going to prison 😂 

you all also need to remember he’s fighting 4 separate indictments right now. In different areas. He has to retain local council there, in addition to whatever lawyers he’s actually got. Travel expenses. 

I get this doesn’t really work because he’s not a sympathetic figure, we all feel maximum rage that he did what he did and we want severe punishment as swiftly as possible, we all feel pretty confident (due to a long list of reasons) he’s likely guilty of what he’s been charged with and probably guilty or a hell of a lot more and just isn’t being charged … but it does seem unfair, in a system built on the presumption of innocence, that you can be in this situation. 

but I guess he could always roll with a court appointed attorney, and stay in jail. And the bonds and the lawyers fees are a function of the severity of the charges… 

Again. He’s not a good example of a system that’s overly punitive before guilt is established, but we know the system does have that problem. And it’s not hard to think about a normal person with normal means being driven into bankruptcy just to fight for your innocence  

just something I thought was interesting to mull over. That said I hope he violates his terms and is held in prison 😂 

12 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

@tshile. Yea looks like I misunderstood it.  My apologies. 

Honestly I have zero confidence in my understanding of any of it. I don’t know anything about the criminal Justice system nor Georgia. 

in fact, it still surprises me they’re treating him this way. It’s totally unexpected to me. 

it’s good. The way it should be. I’m still surprised. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

in fact, it still surprises me they’re treating him this way. It’s totally unexpected to me. 

it’s good. The way it should be. I’m still surprised. 

Recall once in a fiction book.  A lawyer telling his client that "Now, your lawyer has probably told you that most cops are stupid, and they make lots of mistakes, that a clever lawyer can use to get the case tossed".  

"And it's true.  Most of the time. 

"But it's also true that when the cops really want to screw you?  Then they are very careful to make sure that they don't make any mistakes."  

I'm pretty certain that all of the people prosecuting Trump are being very careful.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Larry said:

I'm pretty certain that all of the people prosecuting Trump are being very careful.  

Yeah there’s nothing that’s happened so far that would lead me to think otherwise. 

despite the claims by them, I don’t see any overzealous or politically motivated prosecuting or treatment going on here. 

and we do see those things and I assume there’s even more than we see because we only see what hits the news. But nothing I’ve seen has suggested any of that’s going on, to me.