Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

6 hours ago, method man said:

Commanders could shake up roster at Tuesday trade deadline - ESPN

"One league source said some teams might still be wary of how his knee will hold up over the course of a season."

He has 5 sacks this season , Why do some of you keep talking as if a third rounder is a good deal.

Edited by Commander202
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yeah I am braced for a let down trade capital move today.  Ron and the Martys judging by the past aren't the best negotiators-poker players.

What the Steelers might give you guys a 6th for Wentz, how about we give you a third and a conditional 2nd and call it a deal?

I think its hilarious and a bit sad that Sheehan heard this regime called the Colts and asked them how did they get Matt Ryan so cheap?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 4

Keim never throws stuff against the wall so to read the tea leaves.  The third that could be a 2nd is what they'd might be willing to take if its a team that Sweat likely signs a contract with.  I'd guess they hold out as late as they could before making a move.  And I am guessing no one else is moved.

Again, Ron has a shot at that magical carpet ride to an 8-9 wildcard birth which is his version of dreaming big.

Giants were smart to trade Williams before the market got busier and more loaded.  On point for Ron to wait for the worse time to potential lower his leverage.

Keim's new podcast.

A.  Compeititon of other players in the market weigh in.  What happens with Brian Burns?

B.  More demand for Sweat than Chase

C.  No guarantee that they trade anyone.  He'd be though mildly surprised if a trade doesn't happen

D.  Teams have asked about other players aside from Sweat and Chase but he gets the vibe they aren't on table from Washington.

E. In theory they'd like to keep all 4 players on the D line but the debate is do you want to pay that much money for one spot.  Some anayltics as part of that discussion.

F.  Josh will want explanations for why they do or don't do whatever.  I get the impression that Josh won't insist on making trades but if Ron doesn't want to do it, he'd want to hear why.  Ron not making a move out of self preservation will likely be held against him.  Feels like Keim was more speculating about this.  But it seems to jive with Standig's guess too which is Josh will overhang over that decision without insisting on anything.   But Ron would likely feel some pressure from the context of Harris is aware of Ron's potential self preservation instinct.

G.  Mentoned Atlanta and SF poking around on Sweat.  He believes Atlanta has the stronger offer which he knows is a 3rd. -- but hinted maybe there is something to the conditional 2nd.

H. Teams have called about Brissett.  But he doesnt think they want to deal him in part because the offers are lower round.

I.  He wouldn't be surprised if they are in or out on a deal this morning versus waiting till the end.

5 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

If they offer a 3rd for Brissett you pull the trigger immediately.  But I have zero faith in Rivera.  

Keim talked about this specifically in the previous podcast.  He said zero chance they get a 3rd for Brissett.  But right now it sounds like there are some late round pick offers on the table.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim talked about this specifically in the previous podcast.  He said zero chance they get a 3rd for Brissett.  But right now it sounds like there are some late round pick offers on the table.

I would take a 4th as well.  Browns fans are a delusional bunch, but maybe their front office is as well.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

The Athletic

Screen Shot 2023-10-31 at 8.27.41 AM.png

6 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I would take a 4th as well.  Browns fans are a delusional bunch, but maybe their front office is as well.

I should have mentioned, he addressed that too, he said if he were the team he'd take a 4th, but no one has offered that nor does he expect another team will.  He said today, late rounders on the table from teams, I am gathering a 6th or a 7th.

I hate it when fans who give some good draft takes and go to camp and hence I occasionally pay attention to them start saying out of nowhere they got "sources".  It tends to go downhill from there.

So yesterday he mentions two thirds from SF from his "sources".  Today shocker he backs off I gather after listening to Keim's podcast when Keim suggests SF offer isn't as good as Atlanta.   :ols:

24 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Would you trade Young for Johnson?

You then would get to keep Montez? 

Don't know what is true but on The Junkies this morning their scuttle was that Sweat wants out and he's looking for a big bag.

Edited by HigSkin

34 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Would love to see a trade where we actually get a talented player and not just necessarily picks but only innovating FO's do that.  sigh

Not saying but just saying....

While I like the forward thinking idea here, I don't think they do anything like this.

I also think we are going to have a hard time getting anyone to resign or sign here at least until a new coaching staff takes shape.

• Like 1