Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Baltimore Orioles: New Owner, New Hope

DCSaints_fan

First place orioles +1. The Remix.

Nice team win after losing the lead. 

Rodriguez definitely looks better in his return. Just couldn’t get out of that jam but the corner looks like it’s upcoming for him. 

Nice to see McCann contributing big today. 

Henderson is gonna win ROY by the time the voting starts. Especially if he keeps making defensive gems like the double play today. 

5 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

The O's are cooking, but I still would like to see some "significant" activity before the trade deadline. 

I would like a vet starter and another bullpen arm, after that I'm actually pretty good. 

The chatter now is that the Angels are going to try to keep Ohtani and make one last push.  Which makes me kinda glad.  I don't want to be facing him in the playoffs, and I don't wan to pay the Angels asing price for a two month rental. But I hope the Angels miss the playoffs so we don't have to face him.

Its crazy but it doesn't seem like there's any real weaknesses in the field.  Yeah we could trade for someone who's producing better on paper, but its like I don't want to demote anyone, except maybe Mountcastle. And when Mullins comes back we'll have a tough decision anyway.

Edited by DCSaints_fan
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I would like a vet starter and another bullpen arm, after that I'm actually pretty good. 

The chatter now is that the Angels are going to try to keep Ohtani and make one last push.  Which makes me kinda glad.  I don't want to be facing him in the playoffs, and I don't wan to pay the Angels asing price for a two month rental. But I hope the Angels miss the playoffs so we don't have to face him.

Its crazy but it doesn't seem like there's any real weaknesses in the field.  Yeah we could trade for someone who's producing better on paper, but its like I don't want to demote anyone, except maybe Mountcastle. And when Mullins comes back we'll have a tough decision anyway.

I mostly agree. I would almost prefer to focus entirely in the bullpen at this point. I don't think anyone of significance will be on the move in terms of a starter. If we can beef up the pen to the point where we have a lot of flexibility, we'd be in good shape. That could also include one of the current starters bumping to the 'pen in the post season and going with a 4-man rotation. 

37 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I mostly agree. I would almost prefer to focus entirely in the bullpen at this point. I don't think anyone of significance will be on the move in terms of a starter. If we can beef up the pen to the point where we have a lot of flexibility, we'd be in good shape. That could also include one of the current starters bumping to the 'pen in the post season and going with a 4-man rotation. 

If Marcus Stroman is available, Baltimore should be in the mix. If the Mets continue their down slide, I can see Verlander and Scherzer being on the block. I don't think the O's would want their contracts though. 

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

If Marcus Stroman is available, Baltimore should be in the mix. If the Mets continue their down slide, I can see Verlander and Scherzer being on the block. I don't think the O's would want their contracts though. 

The big bad due of the Mets aren't [itching all that well. 4.8 and 4.0 FIPs and I doubt the O's are going to take a lot of the salary 

36 minutes ago, EatsMoreChicken said:

Any chance John Means makes it back this season? I’ve seen some say an August return. If he’s ready and looking like himself, Means to the rotation, Grayson to bullpen. 

He wants to pitch and is hoping by September. Could be interesting as some of these starters don't have a track record of pitching as many innings as they have or will. Wells is at his career high now, Bradish and Kremer will be there by in a few weeks. I bet they give Means and Irvin some starts to spread around some innings and maybe even go to 6 starters and skip someone every few days. 

• Like 1