Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, zCommander said:

And has a 59% completion rate. Just for comparison: TH career is 64.6%. 

Hurts needs to be more accurate if he wants to win. 

Hurts is very young. Heinicke has had a long career of not being a professional football player.

Are you somehow saying that TH having one more completion a game makes him as valuable as 4k&1k in 20? Because that's a pretty impressive stat.

Are you just a masochist or just unable to understand?

9 minutes ago, Conn said:

He does for sure, but given his running ability he doesn’t need to be a top-10 accurate QB, he wins in other ways. Heinicke completing one extra pass every ~20 passes doesn’t make up for the fact that he doesn’t come close to impacting a game like Hurts can. Hurts needs to improve if he’s going to be their franchise guy and if they’re going to compete for SB’s, of course that’s true. And doubly so for him this year because the Eagles have covered their asses and amassed the draft capital to more easily replace him. But as long as Hurts doesn’t…well, get hurt and diminish his running ability, he’ll be bouncing around the league as a competitive starter long after Heinicke is out of the league. That type of dynamism has its own value even if it can only take you so far. We would have won the division with Hurts last year, despite his flaws. 

Hurts is a baby RG3. QB who tend to run first are not good at reading defenses. This was RG3 problem as well. Running QB in general don't last very long in the league. I really don't care if Hurts last longer then TH in the league. That was not the point. Running doesn't improve your accuracy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Hurts is very young. Heinicke has had a long career of not being a professional football player.

Are you somehow saying that TH having one more completion a game makes him as valuable as 4k&1k in 20? Because that's a pretty impressive stat.

Are you just a masochist or just unable to understand?

Did you look up his stats for just last year though. Not very impressive at all. 16 TD with 9 INT. But you go ahead and hold on to his TOTAL yards in 20 games. 

TH for not being a pro football player and a weaker arm sure had better stats in 16 games then Hurts did last year with 18 games. And TH actually had 300 more yards too and in 16 games, in case you missed me saying 16 games. 

Let's see if you understand this instead. 

17 minutes ago, Conn said:

32/32 NFL franchises would take Hurts over Heinicke lol this is getting embarrassing 

Only if you ran all 32 franchises...lol

I rather take Huntley over Hurts any day. 

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, zCommander said:

And has a 59% completion rate. Just for comparison: TH career is 64.6%. 

And there's that outstanding TH completion percentage again.  :)

I think one day I'm going to create the TH "adjusted completion percentage if McLaurin didn't bail his ass out by catching uncatchable crappy throws percentage" and it's going to be like 46% :P

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, zCommander said:

There is not a professional football executive or head coach who wouldn't take Hurts over TH.  Not one.

Where did the Huntly comment come from? Nobody was comparing Hurts to Huntly.  The comparison you made was TH to Hurts.  Don't try and change the discussion. 

In my opinion, neither are great and the Eagles were stupid to dump Wentz after one bad year for a guy who can't really throw the ball.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, zCommander said:

No idea why you moved the goalposts to Huntley, but I’ll blow up that hill too. Huntley was awful with extended playing time. Even worse passer than Hurts. 

I don’t even like Hurts that much, you’re just living far outside the reality we exist in

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

And there's that outstanding TH completion percentage again.  :)

I think one day I'm going to create the TH "adjusted completion percentage if McLaurin didn't bail his ass out by catching uncatchable crappy throws percentage" and it's going to be like 46% :P

In CAR he played 6 games and there was no Terry had a completion % of 61.4. 

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There is not a professional football executive or head coach who wouldn't take Hurts over TH.  Not one.

Where did the Huntly comment come from? Nobody was comparing Hurts to Huntly.  The comparison you made was TH to Hurts.  Don't try and change the discussion. 

In my opinion, neither are great and the Eagles were stupid to dump Wentz after one bad year for a guy who can't really throw the ball.  

My point was Huntly over Hurts to say not all 32 teams would take Hurts. If teams had a choice between Hurts and TH they would rather go Huntley. ;)

But let's say Hurts is a backup then I would take TH over him though.

2 hours ago, Conn said:

No idea why you moved the goalposts to Huntley, but I’ll blow up that hill too. Huntley was awful with extended playing time. Even worse passer than Hurts. 

I don’t even like Hurts that much, you’re just living far outside the reality we exist in

But in the extended 7 games he played he had a completion % of 64.9. 

8 hours ago, zCommander said:

Did you look up his stats for just last year though. Not very impressive at all. 16 TD with 9 INT. But you go ahead and hold on to his TOTAL yards in 20 games. 

TH for not being a pro football player and a weaker arm sure had better stats in 16 games then Hurts did last year with 18 games. And TH actually had 300 more yards too and in 16 games, in case you missed me saying 16 games. 

Let's see if you understand this instead. 

This is either the biggest troll job done on this board and you find it hysterical or you've lost all sense of reality and have lost your mind.

53 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I dunno.  I find it oddly relaxing.  

It's good fodder in the offseason and we can all laugh when I hiver pops his head out the Heini hole long enough to make some absurd leap, but as soon as the preseason starts and heini looks adequate or Wentz has a bad throw, its gonna go straight back to hair pullingly annoying.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

The fact this conversation is continuing makes my brain hurt.

11 more days till we can get some actual new football talk going. Cant wat for TC!!!!!!  Bring on the daily accounts of practice!

Wentz is torching the D in 7 on 7s. Wentz is the next Marino!

Wentz threw 2 picks in 2 minute drills...cut him now!  

LOL, bring it on!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's good fodder in the offseason and we can all laugh when I hiver pops his head out the Heini hole long enough to make some absurd leap, but as soon as the preseason starts and heini looks adequate or Wentz has a bad throw, its gonna go straight back to hair pullingly annoying.

What does this have to do with Hurts?

Did your feelings get Hurts...lol

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The season needs to start ASAP. 

Less than 3 weeks until HOF game!!! (But who’s counting, right?)

*and before you attack me, YES I’m aware you meant our season, I’m just saying in general that’s the first game* :) 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

What does this have to do with Hurts?

Did your feelings get Hurts...lol

You believe that Heini is better than Trubisky, Mayfield and Jimmy G and that the league would rather start *checks notes* Huntley, over Hurts, who are both not as good as Heinicke, right?

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

You believe that Heini is better than Trubisky, Mayfield and Jimmy G and that the league would rather start *checks notes* Huntley, over Hurts, who are both not as good as Heinicke, right?

Jimmy G. does have a better completion % but he only threw 20 TD last year to 12 INT. So not good in that department. He is not going to win you games when you need him the most. He doesn't have the firecracker mentality like TH does. TH will make something happen out of nothing - see Tampa game for reference and the 11 min drive. 

Baker has demons he needs to exercise or else he can be a good QB. His 60% completion with 17TD and 13 INT is nothing to root about. 

Turbisky I am not a big fan of. Sure he has a strong arm so did JaMarcus Russell. 

IF I was to chose I take Huntly over Hurts. But TH over Hurts. 

You as an Eagle fan is of course going to stickup for Hurts - let's revisit at the end of the season. Okay. 

31 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Jimmy G. does have a better completion % but he only threw 20 TD last year to 12 INT. So not good in that department. He is not going to win you games when you need him the most. He doesn't have the firecracker mentality like TH does. TH will make something happen out of nothing - see Tampa game for reference and the 11 min drive. 

Baker has demons he needs to exercise or else he can be a good QB. His 60% completion with 17TD and 13 INT is nothing to root about. 

Turbisky I am not a big fan of. Sure he has a strong arm so did JaMarcus Russell. 

You as an Eagle fan is of course going to stickup for Hurts - let's revisit at the end of the season. Okay. 

No more Heinicke talk until seasons end? YES PLEASE!!!

• Like 1

20/12 > 20/15

• Like 4