Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

12 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

What’s the alternative though?

Yeah for real. Why get rid of Carr? He's no worse than a top 12 ish QB and he's making under $20 Mil a year which is basically peanuts. Even if they hire a new coach, if you replace Carr you're almost for sure replacing him with someone way worse. You're basically punting away 3-4 wins, no coach would do that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

There like 10 teams fighting over 5 qb. There just not that many above average Qb.

That's why you're better off drafting one. For the most part the best teams drafted their own QB, and for the most part those draft picks were 1st rounders. Its the most efficient way. Of course the odds aren't really in your favor all things considered, but its still the all around best option.

You just gotta identify the right guy. Then go and get him. The Chiefs, Bills, and Ravens all traded up to get their guy in the 1st round.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Redskins 2021 said:

You probably can't put a rookie out there and win 10 games.

You don't have to.  Our fans get a really, really bad wrap when it comes to having patience.  We have it in spades; been patient for 30 years and counting now.  

We absolutely have the stomach to wait for a good-looking 1st round QB rookie to develop.  What we don't have the patience for anymore is for the FO to overdraft some middling QB prospect in the 1st round out of either owner mandate or FO desperation and then try and sell us that this prospect is our future.  We have seen that movie before.   A million times.  And we know better. 

Patriots made the playoffs with a 1st round rookie that many had touted as being a meh prospect. 

If Ron is to be taken at his word and his evaluation skills are to be taken on merit, then we indeed have a roster ready to compete with a rookie prospect that Ron deems worthy of playing.

• Like 2

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Yeah my preference as well. I think there will be someone at 11 worth taking a shot at developing. Or at the least a slight trade up.

I don't care if we have to trade up to get the guy that they want..I'm tired of having bums at QB..

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Redwards said:

Neither one of those players advances this team in a way we need to be advanced.  We're at a point where we have to have "the guy", who plays instantly and is a vet that absolutely puts us in immediate contention or a high 1st round rookie that looks worth being patient with.  Anything else and we're continuing to run on the treadmill to nowhere; it'll be yet another lost season.  Hard pass on both those guys.

Careful man, saying you don’t want Mariota or Trubisky is taboo in this thread 😂

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ultravin said:

What are your thought on Desmond Ridder?  His highlights look good.

He played against low talent teams and when he played a real team in the cfp he threw for 140 yds and 0tds. I don’t trust guys that didn’t play in a power conference. I know Josh Allen played for Wyoming but most of your good qbs come from sec, acc, big 10, big 12, pac 12 or whatever. He’s like Carson Strong, I would take him in rounds 5-7 but I’m definitely not taking him in rounds 1-2. 

Edited by Jds0912

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep exactly. Burrow is a stud. As is Allen. If you don't have THAT guy, you have no chance. At the absolute LEAST you need someone like Carr who at least gave his team a chance at the end, but man you really need a thoroughbred.

Agree.

I’ve been advocating a move for Carr, but for the likely cost, does he come in and be the player that gets you all the way? I’m not sure he does. You watch these younger QBs in the playoffs and they are next level and then some.

Irrespective of whatever vet QBs we end up with on the roster this season, aside from an almost impossible scenario of landing one of the big guns who may become available, I want us be aggressive in the top of the first round of the draft by going after a QB. 

7 hours ago, ultravin said:

What are your thought on Desmond Ridder?  His highlights look good.

Extremely poor accuracy and decision making combined with a good athlete and good kid. 

But extremely poor accuracy. 

7 hours ago, Jds0912 said:

Careful man, saying you don’t want Mariota or Trubisky is taboo in this thread 😂

No it’s not. What’s taboo in this thread is going into the season with no one but what we currently have on the roster.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

A year ago, Wilson's agent Mark Rodgers -- who did not return several calls seeking comment -- made public four teams that Wilson would consider if he would get traded. Wilson has a full no-trade clause in his contract, which has two years remaining.

Didn't realize he had a no trade clause.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Extremely poor accuracy and decision making combined with a good athlete and good kid. 

But extremely poor accuracy. 

No it’s not. What’s taboo in this thread is going into the season with no one but what we currently have on the roster.

Pretty sure not one person in this thread has said we shouldn’t draft, trade for, or sign anyone and just go with TH next year. 

Just now, Jds0912 said:

Pretty sure not one person in this thread has said we shouldn’t draft, trade for, or sign anyone and just go with TH next year. 

Right so I’m not sure what your point was with the taboo comment. People want a QB and believe the most realistic path is Trubisky/Bridgewater/Mariota and a rookie. No need to break that down to being something it’s not.

• Like 2

The problem is if you draft a QB and miss on it. It takes 3 or 4 years to figure it out how the QB will do. My impression last year was we would get stafford. We did not get Stafford. Then we did not draft a QB. What was this year then it feels like a total waste of a year.

We need to spend big on a mlb if we don't get a QB because that may improve the Defense enough to make up for rookie Qb.

Edited by Redskins 2021

5 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

The problem is if you draft a QB and miss on it. It takes 3 or 4 years to figure it out how the QB will do. My impression last year was we would get stafford. We did not get Stafford. Then we did not draft a QB. What was this year then it feels like a total waste of a year.

We need to spend big on a mlb if we don't get a QB because that may improve the Defense enough to make up for rookie Qb.

So the answer is do nothing at QB?

Do you think we have a shot at Rodgers/Wilson/Watson/Carr? Do you think that we will have the best offer AND they’re going to want to waive no trade clauses/not retire?

If Carr is traded there will be a lot of suitors considering Rodgers/Wilson/Watson have no trade clauses or will just retire if they don’t like where they end up. 

There is always a chance. But the most likely scenario is a bridge guy and a rookie. 

There’s really no MLBs to throw money at, either. 

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So the answer is do nothing at QB?

Do you think we have a shot at Rodgers/Wilson/Watson/Carr? Do you think that we will have the best offer AND they’re going to want to waive no trade clauses/not retire?

If Carr is traded there will be a lot of suitors considering Rodgers/Wilson/Watson have no trade clauses or will just retire if they don’t like where they end up. 

There is always a chance. But the most likely scenario is a bridge guy and a rookie. 

There’s really no MLBs to throw money at, either. 

If we don't get a vet and have to draft a rookie spend the money on mlb for next season. Also get a bridge Qb.

Edited by Redskins 2021