Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

K. Swanson wrote me back !

Lavarleap56

thank you for your thoughts, which will be factored into the discussion. we are in preliminary discussions and no decisions have been made.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 11:41 PM

To: SwansonK@REDSKINS.NFL.com

Subject: You have to be kidding me! Ray Rhodes???

Mr. Swanson ,

Let me start by saying i live and die with the Burgandy and Gold and up to this point have NEVER thought about changing my favorite team however if Ray Rhodes is the next coach of the redskins then i could not bare to take it anymore. It has been a hard road since 1992 and i am dedicated to that road as long as it does not mean Ray Rhodes is directing the ship. Why would Mr.Snyder and Cerratto even want to interview him when he has said he doesnt really want to be a head coach??

I know you are more in the know than alot of the fans but can you give the fans 10 good reasons to support Rhodes??? Lavar Arrington is a cornerstone of this franchise and you are going to put him with Rhodes when they didnt get along and he was misused in his schemes??? Dont want to just rant and rave and i think you can tell how i feel about the defensive Norv Turner going to be our next coach and if it happens ill be chanting for Ray Lewis and the Ravens next season and cancel my season tickets.

I got the same exact response, too, but I hardly think the inmates are in control. The response is, Thanks for your thoughts, we'll take it from here. JB's just willing to hammer on anything he can to git his agenda. The fact that they respond so quickly makes me feel like I'm corresponding with the Caps.

Originally posted by Ernie5

JB's just willing to hammer on anything he can to git his agenda. The fact that they respond so quickly makes me feel like I'm corresponding with the Caps.

Ernie you agreed with me earlier that it was a bad ideal to tell Snyder that Rhodes is bad. Now you think differently. All I meant is we as fans should not have say in who our HC will be.

Yeah I got a response back too but, it is a good idea to let those morons (Snyder and his front office of yes men) that we care. Hey this board has 5000 members if we all write one email they will have to take notice. That being said SNYDER STILL SUCKS his record speaks for itself

We all got the same reply :).

I can't decide though if it's positive or negative for the team to factor in our thoughts. You'd like to think that with the near UNIVERSAL distrust of hiring Rhodes, that they'd see this and realize that it does matter because the fans do matter. I think the relative split on Green or Fassel can be written off since there are two large camps -- Green's much bigger :) -- and both would be harder for fans to dismiss outright as Rhodes might be.

Originally posted by Art

You'd like to think that with the near UNIVERSAL distrust of hiring Rhodes, that they'd see this and realize that it does matter because the fans do matter.

The problem here is how do we know if we are right about Rhodes? Remember Snyder wants someone that has been a coach and would love someone who has coached in the NFC East. Rhodes has accomplished both. Everyone talks about his previous stops but not all coaches succede until after a while in the NFL, look at New England.

Ernie you agreed with me earlier that it was a bad ideal to tell Snyder that Rhodes is bad. Now you think differently. All I meant is we as fans should not have say in who our HC will be.

We're in total agreement. Like others, I wanted to see if I got a response, too. I didn't say it was a bad idea to tell Snyder Rhodes was a bad choice -- just that it was a bad idea for Snyder to put much stock into our views. Your last sentence -- I agree 100%.

Archived