Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!

zCommander

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Exactly, check to a run.

I’m not sure you can rub into that blitz ok third down.   It checking to something hot to get the ball out of your hand quickly, and if it’s not there, you’ve got to throw it away.

i kindof think running into a 9 man front is probably not going to work. 

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He needs to get rid of the ball.  

that last sack was on him.  Titans showed blitz and he held the ball.

Agreed that this is a combination of inexperienced QB and bad blocking.  I’d say play calling is an issue too.  A vet QB could throw the ball away more and reduce the damage, but that’s about it.  

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If I’m Cincy, they’ve got to start rolling Burrow out a bit in known passing situations.  By just dropping him back to the same spot, they can’t protect him.

Well, they only need a FG to win the game.

And they will get. Cincy can’t protect Burrow. If they get the ball, expect sack #10.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If I’m Cincy, they’ve got to start rolling Burrow out a bit in known passing situations.  By just dropping him back to the same spot, they can’t protect him.

I’d load up more quick passing options and screens to frustrate the pass rush.  If they’re going to pin their ears back this often, and you can’t block it, you have to throw behind that aggressive front and wear them out.  Can’t keep calling slow developing stuff.  

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well, they only need a FG to win the game.

All their guys are running long routes.  They need to have a hot target to check down to.

11 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

What’s the playoff sack record? Cincy seems destined to break it.

Nine according to the announcers, so we’re one away from a new playoff record.  What’s the opposite of greatness?  Whatever it is, it looks like we’re about to see a new record for that.  Exciting! 

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

I’d load up more quick passing options and screens to frustrate the pass rush.  If they’re going to pin their ears back this often, and you can’t block it, you have to throw behind that aggressive front and wear them out.  Can’t keep calling slow developing stuff.  

That’s fair.  Or maybe do both?

And that’s INT #3.

Edited by Voice_of_Reason