Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MY NFC East prediction... it ain't pretty...but WFT is waking up...

SlinginSammy HOF '63

Being retired now and no extra-curricular things for my kids, time is at a discount. I have tons of it. So, I decided to spend a few minutes figuring out how the NFC East will shake out. I used absolutely no bias, used Vegas predictions for weeks 11 and 12, and guestimated based on overall talent, injuries returning, and how good defenses are. There is a great chance this division will put the worst ever team into postseason. Worse than the 7-9 Seahawks a few years ago (which, btw, won their first round game). What really hurts the division is these teams have an absolute brutal schedule ahead of them. Specifically Philly who will be facing Cleveland, Seattle, Green Bay, New Orleans, and Arizona in the next five weeks. Those teams have a 32-13 combined record. Yikes!  Dallas arguably has the easiest path the rest of the way but their defense will destroy any chance of picking up a few cheap wins. Sooo, here's what I have and I'll keep a new set of standing updated in this first post:

Current Standing (as of 11/22/20)

WAS 5-7 (3-2)

NYG 5-7 (3-2)

PHI 3-8-1 (2-2)

DAL 3-8 (1-3)

My predicted standings

PHI 5-10-1 (4-2)

NYG 4-12 (4-2)

WAS 4-12 (3-3)

DAL 3-13 (1-5)

(The W and L is for the division teams)

Week 14

DAL @ CIN (W)

AZ @ NYG (L)

NO @ PHI (L)

WAS @ SF (L)

Week 15

CLE @ NYG (L)

SEA @ WAS (L)

PHI @ AZ (L)

SF @ DAL (L)

Week 16

CAR @ WAS (L)

NYG @ BAL (L)

PHI (W) @ DAL (L)

Week 17

DAL (L) @ NYG (W)

WAS (L) @ PHI (W)

1 hour ago, SlinginSammy HOF '63 said:

Washington could potentially sneak out wins against SF and Carolina too. The Panthers aren't exactly a strong team and the Niners are an injured bunch. It is possible that Washington, if Alex Smith gets going, could get this team to 6-10.

That would be the worst thing to happen to this team.

Losing out on a Top 5 pick for what, a worthless division title and then a blowout playoff loss  against the 5th place team.

Current 5th NFC team is Tampa.   

It's better if someone else wins the East.

12 minutes ago, SlinginSammy HOF '63 said:

That's what I have, but if Andy Dalton plays like he did 5-6 years ago Dallas could put something together. They have the easiest remaining schedule of the four teams and they still have other offensive weapons.

Dallas is currently beating the Vikings, 16-7....which i do not like. 

This division is going to come down to the wire, for all 4 teams, which is pretty hilarious. 

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Dallas is currently beating the Vikings, 16-7....which i do not like. 

This division is going to come down to the wire, for all 4 teams, which is pretty hilarious. 

Another interesting thing. Thanksgiving looks like a crappy football day on paper minus the night game, but now, if Dallas knocks off MN, the winner of DAL/WAS will lead the NFCE at least until Philly plays. But Philly plays Seattle. There's a very high probability that the winner of Thursday will lead the division probably tied with the Giants) by December 1. At least the game will mean something thus making it entertaining.

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm actually thinking the Cowboys might win the division now. They played the Steelers super tough and had a good win on the road against a hot Viking team.

I have them and the Giants contending with 5-7 wins. 

Philly is done. Think they going with Hurts the rest if the season.

Giants have a good shot against Cincy now that Burrow is done.

I think one team will get to at least six wins, but damn if its tough to see any of them getting to seven.  If WFT can pull the division out, will Rivera be the only coach in history to win divisions with sub .500 records twice (Carolina 7-8-1 a few years ago)?

10 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Giants have a good shot against Cincy now that Burrow is done.

I think one team will get to at least six wins, but damn if its tough to see any of them getting to seven.  If WFT can pull the division out, will Rivera be the only coach in history to win divisions with sub .500 records twice (Carolina 7-8-1 a few years ago)?

For this franchise,  where we at now; winning the East in 20 would be the worst thing to happen.

I've always "poo poo'ed" moral victories, they accomplish nothing and amount to a participation trophy of pro sports. However, I see no upside to us getting more wins, let alone winning the division. At the same time, I don't want to watch terrible football either, lets keep it close...then lose the game. I'm all about those moral victories this year.

• SlinginSammy HOF '63 changed the title to MY NFC East prediction... it ain't pretty...but WFT is waking up...

I'm going to go ahead and give us the win against Carolina, I can't see Rivera losing to them. Can you imagine getting fired by your team (Carolina), because you lost to your future team (WFT) and then losing to your old team? He won't let that happen.

Archived