Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jamal Adams- trade possibility?

seantaylor=god

16 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I'd trade one of our DT's for him....assuming we can sign him.

Our DT4 for a top 5-10 NFL player? Sure, I'd do that deal. Usually I think people are just saying absurd things they haven't thought through, when they suggest trading away Dline players now that it looks so good, but this one? Sure. I make this deal. Maybe they'll throw in their 2nd!

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

Settle? Not sure I'd trade Ion, Payne, or Allen. Doubt they'd think Settle was enough though.

Am I a dunce or is Adams not a SS? How would we play him with Landon Collins? Maybe trade Collins and a DT for Adams. I don't think that helps our overall talent level though. I'd rather have Collins and an extra DL. Landon Collins and a 2nd? I might rather have Landon Collins plus my high 2nd next year. 

This isn't Minkah Fitzpatrick. He's not a FS that can play some strong or flex to CB. I understand he's great, but we have a SS. We have pass rushers. We need a MLB  and we need coverage. 

4 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Am I a dunce or is Adams not a SS? How would we play him with Landon Collins? Maybe trade Collins and a DT for Adams. I don't think that helps our overall talent level though. I'd rather have Collins and an extra DL. Landon Collins and a 2nd? I might rather have Landon Collins plus my high 2nd next year. 

This isn't Minkah Fitzpatrick. He's not a FS that can play some strong or flex to CB. I understand he's great, but we have a SS. We have pass rushers. We need a MLB  and we need coverage. 

This is true about him being a SS, but his coverage is legit. I'd compare him more to Davis, than Collins on our roster. While it would have him off the line more than he has been, I don't think it matters. Also, in a single high safety zone  nickle with 2 corners, 3 safeties, 4 down and 2 LBers like SDH and Thomas you've got a pretty retarded size, skill, speed ration that nobody really has, while still handling the size of the line.

8 hours ago, redskindan07 said:

Saw something on twitter awhile back about maybe the Skins going after Jalen Ramsey in free agency next year. Unsure if they want to invest big money on a corner again though

It's largely moot. If Ramsey doesn't extend before then, he'd just be franchise tagged anyhow. He won't be a really free agent next season either way.

3 hours ago, Jericho said:

It's largely moot. If Ramsey doesn't extend before then, he'd just be franchise tagged anyhow. He won't be a really free agent next season either way.

They paid two 1sts for him. That in and of itself is crazy. But, they aren’t letting him go. They’ll find the money to sign him and if they don’t they’ll franchise him. Earliest he changes teams is 2022 FA and it would still take picks to get him, I’m guessing

18 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Our DT4 for a top 5-10 NFL player? Sure, I'd do that deal. Usually I think people are just saying absurd things they haven't thought through, when they suggest trading away Dline players now that it looks so good, but this one? Sure. I make this deal. Maybe they'll throw in their 2nd!

If you're asking me to elaborate I will....I would surely deal one of our D-tackles for Adams and if it took draft picks to seal the deal I'd consider it. Maybe the Jets would ask for Allen and a 3rd round pick. Done.

Could you imagine Adams playing with Collins as our two safeties? Settle would slide into the D-line rotation....

The d-line is where our depth is, as you know, so, in answering the posters question, yes, I would trade some of our d-line depth for Adams. 

BTW, it sounds like things are not going well in the Jets attempt to re-sign Adams so maybe they would take some sort of package from us that included one of our d-linemen? Throw in Sean Davis or Apke???

Who knows????

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

If you're asking me to elaborate I will....I would surely deal one of our D-tackles for Adams and if it took draft picks to seal the deal I'd consider it. Maybe the Jets would ask for Allen and a 3rd round pick. Done.

Could you imagine Adams playing with Collins as our two safeties? Settle would slide into the D-line rotation....

The d-line is where our depth is, as you know, so, in answering the posters question, yes, I would trade some of our d-line depth for Adams. 

BTW, it sounds like things are not going well in the Jets attempt to re-sign Adams so maybe they would take some sort of package from us that included one of our d-linemen? Throw in Sean Davis or Apke???

Who knows????

Adams is going to need a huge contract. How about Landon Collins and a 2nd? Would you trade Landon Collins and Matt Ioannidis? 

I don’t know. I obviously wouldn’t mind trading Landon Collins but even giving up the 2nd seems like a lot of cost to me. Probably worth it though for an all pro who will be 25 in October. 

in reality, nothing will happen until after the season and someone else will be willing to give up more than a 1st for him and it won’t be us. 

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Who knows????

I wasn't. I was making fun of your post. :ols:

I don't think enough value is placed on chemistry when fans evaluate the roster for improvements.

Landon Collins loves the Redskins and is an extremely talented safety who does everything he's asked and is a locker room leader.

I've never played sports at the highest levels but I have been playing organized sports my entire life and I know talent is very important but so is chemistry. 

I cant count how many times I thought my team didn't have a snow balls chance in hell of winning but we smoked the other team because they just didn't play well together. 

Collins is a 3 time pro bowler and a one time first team all pro, he's extremely talented and fits here perfectly, with new coaching I think we'll see the pro bowl version of Collins again and trading him away for a marginal upgrade in talent I believe not only sends the wrong message but would end up hurting the team more than it would help and unfortunately we can't afford to have two of the 3 highest paid safeties in the league.

The biggest value in trading for Adams would be keeping him from the cowboys, I think that's what's going to happen eventually and that'll suck.

Archived