Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"The Last Dance" - '97/'98 Bulls

d0ublestr0ker0ll

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

the game has changed so much, that 6 3's in a game doesn't feel so special anymore. it was everything in 92

If there was as much emphasis on the 3 back then as there is now, he'd probably have been one of the best three point shooters ever.  He'd have worked at it constantly.

Oh boy, here's Isiah being left off.  I don't believe none of those guys didn't speak up and say they didn't want to play with Isiah that summer.  

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

If there was as much emphasis on the 3 back then as there is now, he'd probably have been one of the best three point shooters ever.  He'd have worked at it constantly.

Oh boy, here's Isiah being left off.  I don't believe none of those guys didn't speak up and say they didn't want to play with Isiah that summer.  

he never had a year in which he even attempted 4 3's per game. it would have been interesting to see how that impacted the rest of his game

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

If there was as much emphasis on the 3 back then as there is now, he'd probably have been one of the best three point shooters ever.  

No.  

Jordan was a monster in the paint.  Not a spot up shooter. The 6 for 6 half was a fluke.  

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

No.  

Jordan was a monster in the paint.  Not a spot up shooter. The 6 for 6 half was a fluke.  

No.

He could do anything he wanted to.  That's kinda the whole point of Jordan.  Incredibly talented, but sheer will and determination put him over the top.  Again, had the NBA been as infatuated with the three point shot during Jordan's era, he'd have been as good as anybody at shooting threes.  I'm not saying he wasn't a monster in the paint, he absolutely was.  But if he'd focused on it, he'd have been as deadly a three point shooter as there ever was.  

Dude, he just wanted to **** with Clyde Drexler and hit 6/6 in one half.  That's not a coincidence.  

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

No.

He could do anything he wanted to.  That's kinda the whole point of Jordan.  Incredibly talented, but sheer will and determination put him over the top.  Again, had the NBA been as infatuated with the three point shot during Jordan's era, he'd have been as good as anybody at shooting threes.  I'm not saying he wasn't a monster in the paint, he absolutely was.  But if he'd focused on it, he'd have been as deadly a three point shooter as there ever was.  

thats mythology taking over IMO. his game would have adjusted in other ways, but i just dont see it from deep. better than what he was certainly, but not a sniper

Archived