Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 - 2020 NCAA Basketball Thread - Cancelled, Go Home People

PleaseBlitz

41 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Texas Tech that played in the championship last year? Chris Beard can coach and despite their previous 3 early ooc losses, I think TT will be near the top of the B12 this year. 

Beard is great, but they lost A LOT of talent from last year's squad, and TT isn't to the point as a program that they just reload every year.  They are young and don't really have a big.  All of their top 5 in minutes are guards and the biggest is 6'6".  They are 211th in the country in rebounding.  

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28313437/monmouth-george-papas-college-basketball-most-infamous-dunk

Has a basket scored by a team trailing by 55 points ever been more scrutinized?

It was on Nov. 15 that Monmouth junior George Papas, his team trailing 110-55, stole the ball from Kansas' Tristan Enaruna, who had his back turned to the action and was attempting to dribble out the clock. After completing the dunk to a chorus of boos from the Allen Fieldhouse crowd, Papas was whistled for a technical foul, presumably for taunting Enaruna after the play. The viral highlight provoked a very mixed reaction, followed by a debate. Was what Papas did outside the bounds of sportsmanship? Or was he just doing what every player is taught the first time they lace 'em up and playing until the final buzzer sounds?

My policy is that whatever someone can do to annoy Kansas basketball fans, I am all for it.  

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28313437/monmouth-george-papas-college-basketball-most-infamous-dunk

My policy is that whatever someone can do to annoy Kansas basketball fans, I am all for it.  

**** Kansas.  I think I've relayed the origin of my hate for Kansas before:

Clock fiasco vs. Kansas in 1986 still stings Spartans

• 2 weeks later...

#22 WVU playing #2 Ohio State today. If you go by the NET rankings, this is #2 vs. #9. 

I’m honestly just hoping WVU makes a game of it. A close lose to OSU won’t hurt us and this years’ team still has a lot of growth potential. That said, I SO BADLY want to stick another dagger in the side of OSU’s fans after yesterday’s agonizing lose to Clemson. 

Welp, unhelpful that the refs decided to not allow ANY physicality. Gives kind of a big disadvantage to the much bigger and more physical team in favor of the smaller, better shooting team.  WVU’s 2 best players, both 6’10”, 250, have 3 fouls at the half (and therefore have only played half the minutes so far) , only one of which wasn't a bull**** tickytack foul. 

WVU taking on #3 Kansas at Allen Fieldhouse a week after knocking off #2 Ohio State. Kansas favored by 10. 

WVU is on of the few teams with the size to matchup with Kansas’ bigs, but we are an awfully young squad and I worry about the environment. We also always seem to have a mind blowing, game changing call go against us every time we play at Kansas. 

For some reason ($$$) the game is only on ESPN+. Even though I have ESPN+ this is still ridiculous to have a top 20 matchup on it since the production quality is like ****ing Wayne’s World. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/01/09/dick-vitale-voice-college-basketball/

Dick Vitale wants to keep going until he’s 100. He’s serious, baby.

“I want to do this until I’m 100!” he said. “People laugh at me. I say, ‘Don’t laugh at me. I’m going to be sitting here at 100 saying, ‘They’re awesome, baby!’ ”

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

If only they could shoot free throws. They'd be 15-0.

Without looking at the box score, I think they are shooting them better tonight. And it wouldn’t matter in this game, TCU cant do anything with our bigs and can’t stop turning it over on offense. 

Archived