Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UTUBE: AI Experiment

nonniey

this is why i loved AI classes and started down that path. they were full of making/playing with systems like this. there's some really cool ones out there with competitions and such.

one thing i noticed... the hiders never (at least in the video) tried to trap the seekers. they always sought to close themselves off to the room instead of closing the seekers off to the room.

so the seekers always had the whole room to play and try to find exploits or try other objects. if the hiders blocked them form the jump it'd be game over every time (minus physics engine abuses if they could on what was trapping them)

This is pretty damn cool 

@tshile Do you work with AI now or was that something you just studied on your way to being the eventual president of the internet? 

12 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The title of this thread is peak baby boomer on the internet.

But yes, really cool video.

I actually thought he was hacked and it was spam until I saw you and Tshile commenting. 

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

This is pretty damn cool 

@tshile Do you work with AI now or was that something you just studied on your way to being the eventual president of the internet? 

no... i took an intro class for undergrad then got into GA tech for grad school focusing on AI. 

It was a ****ty series of events but basically my wife and I were planning our lives out and I took a flier on GA Tech cause I thought I could get in and at the time I believe they were ranked #4 in the country for AI graduate school.  I didn't get in. Wife and I decided to move forward and have a kid, buy a piece of property, remodel our house and sell it, then build a new house.

6 months later GA Tech reached out to me and said they'd reconsidered my application and wanted to let me in. I was stoked. Wife was pregnant, home remodel was underway, property was purchased... I was working an exhausting job situation at the time. at some point I realized I couldn't do it all. I had to drop out of GA Tech. 

I don't think I made the right decision. I think I gave up an opportunity to do something I was immensely passionate and in love with. Life is great, but I will forever wonder if I made the wrong decision.

I could always try to go back. I just don't know. Going through undergrad the common piece of advice was "don't take a break, you'll never come back." Well, maybe not 100% of the time that's true, but a lot of the time it's true. 

If you're going to go that path you better get straight A's and learn everything or you're going to spend money to get a degree no one is interested in employing you for because C's and B-'s in grad school for AI isn't good. You either get it and can do it, or you can't. I don't see how I'll have the time to go back and get straight A's. Maybe...

6 hours ago, tshile said:

I don't think I made the right decision. I think I gave up an opportunity to do something I was immensely passionate and in love with. Life is great, but I will forever wonder if I made the wrong decision.

You should constantly remind your wife and kid that if not for them, you would have followed your dream in life.  True definition of anchor baby; some kid holding you down.

Then ask you wife what she made for dinner.

Archived