Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Politics Thread

Cooked Crack

2be9e75ccc71555665d50d1f1ce2b71b.jpg

29 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Actually, all streaming services are crap.   Support artists by purchasing their work or STFU.

Let me just drive down to the local Tower Records. Oh wait. 

You have an 8 track player in your miata don't you?

Edited by Captain Wiggles

3 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Bro, you listen to dusty old Phish.

Says the guy what plays "deep cuts" from bands that haven't toured since the 1970s. 🤣

Bandcamp was one of the others I considered. Tidal has a higher payout to artists and a percentage of my sub goes to the artists I stream the most. I wouldn't want Gordon Lightfoot to miss out on that $.013 from all them times I play the Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald. 

1 hour ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Why's that? 

Well, they don’t have the selection of artists that Spotify has, it doesn’t seem their auto playlists are as accurate as Spotify’s, and the present themselves as a higher quality streaming service but I didn’t hear a difference between the two and it’s more expensive that Spotify.

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Actually, all streaming services are crap.   Support artists by purchasing their work or STFU.

I buy the album on ITunes and then stream it usually. 

I bought the newest Ghost album three times, once from iTunes and twice from the record company because the first time I bought it I used an old email and it wanted to listen tp one of the songs early which was a perk of buying te album direct. So I got two CDs I’ll never use.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

the present themselves as a higher quality streaming service but I didn’t hear a difference between the two and it’s more expensive that Spotify.

Did you get the Master Audio sub? 

Tidal is only more expensive if you choose the master audio sub for $19.99. Their hifi sub is the same $9.99 as spotify and maybe slightly better quality.

2 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Did you get the Master Audio sub? 

Tidal is only more expensive if you choose the master audio sub for $19.99. Their hifi sub is the same $9.99 as spotify and maybe slightly better quality.

I think you had to buy the most expensive plan to stream it in the Tesla directly (not from your phone with Bluetooth) I tried it like 6 months ago.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

Also correct is Bill Maher.  

I'm no Brett Kavanaugh fan, but I'm also not in favor of Supreme Court justices, no matter who, getting assassinated.  I'm also not sure about what the New York Times did and did not do in this particular case but I will agree with his overall sentiment.  Had it been a liberal SCJ that someone tried to kill, there would have been a huge media ****storm.  I didn't even see it mentioned anywhere on here...granted there are a bunch of different threads it could have been posted in.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Then they need to go after cable providers to break up packages and allow customers to buy TV a la-carte. Having the option to BLOCK a station does nothing if they are still getting a % of your monthly bill. 

yeah, it would hurt all cable news channels.... and I'm cool with that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Also correct is Bill Maher.  

I'm no Brett Kavanaugh fan, but I'm also not in favor of Supreme Court justices, no matter who, getting assassinated.  I'm also not sure about what the New York Times did and did not do in this particular case but I will agree with his overall sentiment.  Had it been a liberal SCJ that someone tried to kill, there would have been a huge media ****storm.  I didn't even see it mentioned anywhere on here...granted there are a bunch of different threads it could have been posted in.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/08/us/brett-kavanaugh-threat-arrest.html

Every rando with a gun that wants to kill someone famous is now required to be “a huge media ****storm”?!?  Doesn’t **** like this happen every day in the murder capital of the planet?

Here’s a guy that actually killed a judge and had Mich gov. Whitmer next on his list.  Huge media ****storm, or no?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/06/04/wisconsin-judge-killed-targeted-roemer-uhde/

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Every rando with a gun that wants to kill someone famous is now required to be “a huge media ****storm”?!?  Doesn’t **** like this happen every day in the murder capital of the planet?

Here’s a guy that actually killed a judge and had Mich gov. Whitmer next on his list.  Huge media ****storm, or no?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/06/04/wisconsin-judge-killed-targeted-roemer-uhde/

Exactly. That story was in the news for maybe 48 hours. Which is probably about how long the Brett Kavanaugh story was reported for as well. News moves quickly and people have short attention spans. 👨‍⚖️

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

NYT covered it, but it wasn't front page news.  I can't imagine what the coverage would have been if it was Sotomayor instead.  

3 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Then they need to go after cable providers to break up packages and allow customers to buy TV a la-carte. Having the option to BLOCK a station does nothing if they are still getting a % of your monthly bill. 

yeah, it would hurt all cable news channels.... and I'm cool with that. 

The first company that figures out a way to make this happen will make a ****load of money and render all other cable providers meaningless.  I think this is the one solution for cable/cord cutting, etc that everyone has asked for and can agree on.

I'd have probably 5 or 6 channels in addition to the local stations and that'd be it.  No Fox, no CNN, MSNBC, none of it.  I'm sure there are some Fox News addicts out there that'd pay 20 bucks a month to select that channel.  Fine, let them.  But I agree, I don't want to have a % of my monthly bill going to that ****.