Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

introducing mike vick

prophet

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

You know its bad when your QB gets hit on a 3 step drop while planting on the 3rd step.

The Falcons are piss poor and we should have whipped them 49-0

The best defense for controlling Michael Vick is primarily the Cover-2 zone the Colts run. Teams like the Bucs and Colts will do well against Vick because they are playing a defensive style that is facing Vick, watching him, with lots of coverage looks. Vick is going to kill man teams. A good zone team though can control Vick because he's not a great passer yet.

Totally agree Art, when teams are in MtoM defense, their backs are to Vick and if he runs, they are not prepared, however, with a zone, they are facing the qb and can react better..

BTW, the Colts defense is supposed to be just like the Bucs D, which OWNS Vick.

You will probably see a lot of copy cats from teams that will face Vick.

Originally posted by Art

The best defense for controlling Michael Vick is primarily the Cover-2 zone the Colts run. Teams like the Bucs and Colts will do well against Vick because they are playing a defensive style that is facing Vick, watching him, with lots of coverage looks. Vick is going to kill man teams. A good zone team though can control Vick because he's not a great passer yet.

The cover 2 zone is nice and all but you have to have the proper personnel to stop Vick and boy do the Colts have it. The speed on their defensive line is fantastic. As far as pure speed I don't know but Dwight Freeney is the quickest d-lineman I have seen in my life.

The Falcons have packed it in for the year but still you have to be impressed with the Colts. Marvin Harrison tips balls to himself and catches them one handed as regularly as other receivers catch balls thrown at their numbers. Just as I'm typing this Harrison caught another TD ball. I was thinking the Eagles and Pats in the super bowl but I can easily see the Colts going as well.

Why is this game still on my TV??? Fox went to swith it over to the Rams game, but living so close to VT the local station kept this mess on. Now both backup QBs are in & it's STILL on. I'd rather get a look at Grossman in his 1st game then watch this mess.

Archived