Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Video Production/Video Cameras

Elessar78

17 hours ago, Bang said:

Adobe Premiere Pro is what i use for video editing.  It's big and powerful, does nice work.

~Bang

I heart the entire Adobe video suite.

@Elessar78

I'm not a field production guy so my camera knowledge is limited but if you can shed some light on your budget, I'll ask a couple guys in my crew what's good for the money.

17 hours ago, Bang said:

Adobe Premiere Pro is what i use for video editing.  It's big and powerful, does nice work.

~Bang

Yes—when I do work for the BBC, big and powerful is preferred. 

12 minutes ago, Chachie said:

I heart the entire Adobe video suite.

@Elessar78

I'm not a field production guy so my camera knowledge is limited but if you can shed some light on your budget, I'll ask a couple guys in my crew what's good for the money.

Yes—over the past year I switched to Adobe Premiere Pro as well. Final Cut X was not well supported. 

Canon XF405 4K UHD 60P or Lumix GH5  if you can ask your people. 

17 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

I knew that you were freaky. Haha. 

Seriously, what are you needing for minimum picture quality? 

Some of these phones today might work. 

The requirement for amateur uploads have been getting more stringent. "4K preferred" now. 

My argument for good ole lower resolution is that it increases the "low budget feel". But hey. 

39 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Canon XF405 4K UHD 60P or Lumix GH5  if you can ask your people. 

The requirement for amateur uploads have been getting more stringent. "4K preferred" now. 

My argument for good ole lower resolution is that it increases the "low budget feel". But hey. 

They like the Canon a lot. Not sure what computer you are using for post production right now but I can tell you (and you may already know) that working with 4k on an older machine can be troublesome. If you have a new computer with lots of memory and a great processor you should be okay but if you don't, be sure to down-convert your footage to 1080 before editing. Cheers!

3 minutes ago, Chachie said:

They like the Canon a lot. Not sure what computer you are using for post production right now but I can tell you (and you may already know) that working with 4k on an older machine can be troublesome. If you have a new computer with lots of memory and a great processor you should be okay but if you don't, be sure to down-convert your footage to 1080 before editing. Cheers!

2018 iMac 32GB Memory. Is that sufficient? I still have room for a memory bump. 

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

girl

Is that Alison Brie

3 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

2018 iMac 32GB Memory. Is that sufficient? I still have room for a memory bump. 

Hmmm.... You might be just barely good to go. I'd say add another 32gb stick but I tried that on my 2017 iMac and it started crashing on the reg. I think 32 is about all they can handle even if you have another slot there.

Go with what you have and if the 4k drags in playback you can always down-convert your footage to Apple Pro Res HQ or something for edit.

39 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Hmmm.... You might be just barely good to go. I'd say add another 32gb stick but I tried that on my 2017 iMac and it started crashing on the reg. I think 32 is about all they can handle even if you have another slot there.

Go with what you have and if the 4k drags in playback you can always down-convert your footage to Apple Pro Res HQ or something for edit.

Thanks. I think I can go up to 64GB in the four slots. Thanks. 

I don't think I'll be doing much 4K.

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

Thanks. I think I can go up to 64GB in the four slots. Thanks. 

if sure seems like you SHOULD be able to, right? It could have been poor configuration on my part when I tried it. You have to be careful about how and where you slot them. Good luck!

Archived