Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

3 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

My issue is this team is sadly inconsistent. I am expecting more.

Seriously, what do you expect? We have the 4th youngest lineup in baseball. That's what happens with a young, rebuilding team. You have young players learning to play in the majors, like Abrams and Ruiz, and filler like Dom Smith, Corey Dickerson, and Alex Call.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

So the light bulb has gone on for Brady House? He must have figured out something right? I also see the Lipscomb seems to be playing some 2B and 1B. Looks like he's officially been moved off 3rd.

Lipscomb played 3B today. But, to your point, he’ll get work at 2B and 1B for flexibility. 

They are taking things slow with House by giving him many days off..as they should. Their plan with him is working. I’d say he’s the best organization story of the year.

• Like 1

Beginning to think our fanbase isn't the brightest. The response to the Jeimer trade is nothing but "Fire Rizzo".

Both players we got were top 20 prospects in the cubs system. And the cubs received 2 months of Jeimer... 

It's not a huge splash. But more depth into the system that was near the bottom in all of baseball. Read today that now we're top 5!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Beginning to think our fanbase isn't the brightest. The response to the Jeimer trade is nothing but "Fire Rizzo".

Both players we got were top 20 prospects in the cubs system. And the cubs received 2 months of Jeimer... 

It's not a huge splash. But more depth into the system that was near the bottom in all of baseball. Read today that now we're top 5!

Let’s look at it this way, in 2021 they had eight players in the system that had overall values of 45 or greater in MLB Pipeline.

Going into next season they could have as many as 24. That assumes that nobody who currently has a 45 falls to 40, but that may only be 2-3 guys. That also includes two guys who are arguably in the top 5 prospects in all of baseball.

Brewers may give up their farm for Meneses before the night’s done.

6 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Oh hey, just noticed some of our 2023 draftees are already playing in the FCL.

Morales and Crews may be playing in F-burg this week. I’m thinking of going on Thursday.

14 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

"Ownership is tired of losing games, and we're trying to really compete to finish this year off, and go into next year with a team that we think has a chance to be a very entertaining team to watch."

Ownership shouldn't of gutted the team to make it easier to sell then.

Edited by Renegade7