Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

55 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Welp.  Cavalli to the IL.  Shoulder came back clean, but has inflammation.  Said he’s out at least two weeks, but no reason to ramp him back up imo.  Uggh.

Underline "new medical and training staff" on the offseason list. 

Rubbing dirt on it and walking it off doesn't work anymore. 

Why does a guy like Joey Meneses, who has done nothing but hit at every level and with every team he’s played for, have to wait 10 years for his shot in the Majors?

4 for 6 tonight, including the walk off 3 run homer in the 10th inning, 4 RBIs total and 2 runs scored.

Through 25 games, Meneses has seven home runs, 15 RBI and a slash line of .354/.385 /1.011.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Why does a guy like Joey Meneses, who has done nothing but hit at every level and with every team he’s played for, have to wait 10 years for his shot in the Majors?

4 for 6 tonight, including the walk off 3 run homer in the 10th inning, 4 RBIs total and 2 runs scored.

Through 25 games, Meneses has seven home runs, 15 RBI and a slash line of .354/.385 /1.011.

It’s why baseball is such a great game.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dan T. said:

in a terrible season, he's been a recent feel good story.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dan T. said:

This is honestly my favorite part of watching a rebuilding team. Contenders would never give this guy a shot. Too old to be part of future plans. Yadiel Hernandez is another example. Amd these guys can absolutely rake. 

It’s brutal spending that long in the minors. Being a 30 year old playing with a bunch of 23 year olds. Making like $20k/yr and grinding every day trying to scratch out an opportunity to make the bigs. You rarely see guys that stick it out that long (and a lot of times it’s guys that have minimal opportunities outside of baseball). Meneses would be back in Mexico doing whatever. Yadi defected from Cuba. It’s so humbling thinking of the journey these guys have been on and how they’ve finally gotten their chance. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TheGoodBits said:

This is honestly my favorite part of watching a rebuilding team. Contenders would never give this guy a shot. Too old to be part of future plans. Yadiel Hernandez is another example. Amd these guys can absolutely rake. 

Mikey Morse in 2010-2012 here is a prime example.

• Like 2

So I'm gonna be in NY this weekend and the Nats happen to be playing the Mets in Queens. Debating going to a game. I just wish we were good, I don't wanna go just to see us get our doors blown off. I did go to the first game after Soto was traded which was also against the Mets but at home and we won so who knows maybe good mojo.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

Mets are a still a mentally weak team.  They aren't doing jack **** 

You're right. I watched most of the Friday night game. The 3rd inning Robles tripled and was on 3rd. Thomas Ks swinging & the catcher tries to pick off Robles. The throw was so horribly bad to the infield side of 3rd base that Robles easily scores. Stupid play by the catcher. 

https://stories.mlb.com/live/662409.html

On 8/28/2022 at 10:06 AM, Riggo#44 said:

I went to Fredericksburg last night. Good: TJ White is a stud in person, loud sounds off his bat, his homer was a missle. Frizzell hit well, Wood had one good AB, a rocket in the top of the 9th--and I mean ROCKET-- right at the shortstop with the bases loaded.

Bad: I think Denaburg is hurt again. Really wild, came out after back to back 91 mph fastballs.

One more name that popped: Chance Cuff, 97-98 2 Ks over 2 perfect IP.

Denaburg pitch 2.1 yesterday.  Probably on a pitch count.  Cuff got the save.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Denaburg pitch 2.1 yesterday.  Probably on a pitch count.  Cuff got the save.

Cuff might be my new reliever man crush....which probably dooms him to flame out at the high levels...

BA has Elijah Green as the #4 prospect in the FCL

Screenshot_20220904-105022_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I know that this season in meaningless, but that doesn't take the joy out of beating the crap out of the Mets.

If they also fold early in the playoffs. That would be nice. Max wearing down yesterday was a surprise. But that injury probably never fully healed. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 5:01 PM, @DCGoldPants said:

If they also fold early in the playoffs. That would be nice. Max wearing down yesterday was a surprise. But that injury probably never fully healed. 

Good call.

New York Mets ace Max Scherzer is headed back to the injured list, the latest hit to a reeling club that has seen its National League East lead evaporate.

The Mets placed Scherzer on the 15-day IL, retroactive to Saturday, with left side irritation amid a series of roster moves before Wednesday's doubleheader against the Pittsburgh Pirates.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34541379/new-york-mets-put-ace-pitcher-max-scherzer-15-day-il

Sept. 6: LHP MacKenzie Gore (left elbow inflammation) throws sim game
Gore tossed 37 pitches at 75 percent at Busch Stadium in his first sim game. He faced Josh Palacios, Riley Adams and Alex Call, and he was caught by Tres Barrera. If Gore feels OK, he will throw another bullpen session in three days.

“I like the way I felt,” Gore said. “Everything just wasn’t great today, which is probably how it was going to be the first time back out. There was a lot of good today, though."

The Nationals’ goal is for him to start in a game by the end of the season. He has been on the injured list since July 26 when he was a member of the Padres.

“Obviously we don’t want to rush it and do anything that could affect us going into next year,” Gore said. “But if I feel good, it’s my job to pitch.”

1 hour ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Good call.

New York Mets ace Max Scherzer is headed back to the injured list, the latest hit to a reeling club that has seen its National League East lead evaporate.

The Mets placed Scherzer on the 15-day IL, retroactive to Saturday, with left side irritation amid a series of roster moves before Wednesday's doubleheader against the Pittsburgh Pirates.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34541379/new-york-mets-put-ace-pitcher-max-scherzer-15-day-il

Man, I feel for Max. I still like him a lot. But can't assume he'll be able to come back this year and be able to last.

Oh, Susana, don’t you cry for me
cos’ I come from Villa Isabella
With 103 mph heater at the knees.

Ignoring last night's meltdown, Susana pitched well 4 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 1BB, 6Ks. Armando Cruz made his Fredericksburg debut, and the FNats rolled up 10 runs.