Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Welcome to the Redskins, where honesty is not in the employee handbook.

skinzdar55

12 hours ago, Dirt said:

Off lol, that's a pretty damn cutting article.  

But hey, if this team was less injured and took that 6-3 record to 11-5, no one would be talking about our ****ty front office.  

Kinda crazy how fast things fell this year right, I mean crazier than usual.  Was it the foster signing?  I know it wasn't alex's leg, people didn't believe in him before that.(even though he was winning).  Maybe colts leg?  Nah people would have had sympathy after that.  Ok signing someone besides kap?  Eh.. that added to the ****storm but that's not the Redskins fault.  Releasing DJ.  That's it.  That's when we said **** it this thing is a mess.

And it is a mess.  But the mess with DJ is separate from the mess of the FO.  If this team was 11-5 going into the playoffs with that strong **** we saw from the first half of the season we would've said "yeah! we don't tolerate that **** talk on our winning football team!". ...but that **** talk wouldn't have happened if we were winning....which is why DJ, in this delicate situation of a season, shouldn't have said anytjing. 

We can win in spite of this ****ty front office situation.  And we might as well hope for that, because it doesn't seem it's going to change.

Still, I like this article.  Bring it to people's attention, it's ****ing embarrassing.  

This team is not 11-5.  In fact, this team has never had 11 wins in a season since Snyder bought the team.  If the team had a moticum of success this year, people might not be down on the FO.  Except that’s impossible because this Organization is not built to handle adversity.  Ie- normal football adversity such as injuries and not self-inflicted adversity.  But the fact is the history of Snyder and what currently constitutes the FO is so riddled with failure and self-inflicted chaos no one in their right mind would come to the conclusion that this team can just win.  The ownership and the FO is the foundation upon which winning is built, and this team lacks a stable foundation.  SJ is dead on.

12 hours ago, Dirt said:

Off lol, that's a pretty damn cutting article.  

But hey, if this team was less injured and took that 6-3 record to 11-5, no one would be talking about our ****ty front office.  

Kinda crazy how fast things fell this year right, I mean crazier than usual.  Was it the foster signing?  I know it wasn't alex's leg, people didn't believe in him before that.(even though he was winning).  Maybe colts leg?  Nah people would have had sympathy after that.  Ok signing someone besides kap?  Eh.. that added to the ****storm but that's not the Redskins fault.  Releasing DJ.  That's it.  That's when we said **** it this thing is a mess.

And it is a mess.  But the mess with DJ is separate from the mess of the FO.  If this team was 11-5 going into the playoffs with that strong **** we saw from the first half of the season we would've said "yeah! we don't tolerate that **** talk on our winning football team!". ...but that **** talk wouldn't have happened if we were winning....which is why DJ, in this delicate situation of a season, shouldn't have said anytjing. 

We can win in spite of this ****ty front office situation.  And we might as well hope for that, because it doesn't seem it's going to change.

Still, I like this article.  Bring it to people's attention, it's ****ing embarrassing.  

They were never going 11-5. Ever. It was unsustainable winning that would've evened out. Likely 9-7. 

There's a reason so many fans laughed at the people going why don't we ever get respect! We've been here before - 5-2 / 6-3... And we know it's a farce. 

53 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I am uncomfortable grouping Swearinger and Lafemina in the same bucket.

I had the same thought. She makes a ton of great points, but the Swearinger thing is being forced into the narrative. If your boss tells you not to do something over and over and you still do it, you have to expect to be fired, plain and simple. It's not like Lafemina was in front of the media talking about how much the owner and front office sucks every couple weeks. Although I sort of wish he had been now, lol. 

2 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Sally is correct but a win on Sunday would feel good.  Delighting in giving Philly the ziggy is really small time in terms of joy but it is the only bliss in reach.

It honestly wouldn't mean anything to me. When we beat them in 2014 to knock them out of the playoffs, that was a good feeling. In 2018, I got nothin'. Actually, count me in as one of those who wants to see nothing but green in the stadium and an epic ass kicking. 

The question now becomes "what happens next"

Off season is about to begin, and we will have to see if the coaches remain and such. That said, nothing in the FO is going to change. Dan will own the team for years to come and it has become pretty clear that we might never win until the next ownership change. I posted years ago that Dan was always the common denominator in the failure of the team. That is not going to change and it doesn't matter if Allen stays or goes. He will simply get replaced by someone similar.

I will continue to watch on Sundays, continue to follow the news and reports in the off season, but I won't travel to Richmond in the summer and will not purchase season tickets. I will just glance at posts on this site complaining about the lack of game attendance. Maybe someone besides Norman will complain next season.

Even writing this post is taking effort. The passion meter is low, and hope for the future is dim. Dan still has a couple of decades left of ownership. Will there be a breaking point if the team continues to fail to win 11 games in the coming years? Wins one playoff game every 8-10. Continues to have journeyman QB's. The only thing i am sure of is yes people like Larry Michael will always be a part of the team.

I can only wish everyone a happy new year, and offer a hand shake for being a fan of the Redskins.

16 hours ago, skinzdar55 said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/welcome-to-the-redskins-where-honesty-is-not-in-the-employee-handbook/2018/12/26/20631ff0-096e-11e9-88e3-989a3e456820_story.html

“Here’s what will get you fired from the Washington Redskins: honesty. The quickest way to lose your job is to refuse to parrot the institutional lie. Safety D.J. Swearinger Sr. was cut for running his irrepressibly honest mouth about their coaching weaknesses. Chief operating officer Brian Lafemina was let go for honestly acknowledging their lousy business practices and busting the myth that there is a waiting list for tickets. The mistake of both men was in trying to make a difference, to swing the organization in a winning direction, by calling it out. These are the kinds of people who invariably end up cut or tossed to the curb by the Redskins, while the enabling go-alongers and happy-talkers remain......”

Ive never been a big fan of Jenkins, but it’s hard to argue with most of what is in this article.

This is nothing that any one of us didn’t already know, but it’s interesting to see some of the media’s opinions in print.

Thoughts?

I agree, its one thing to look at the Swearinger firing in isolation, as he definitely deserved disipline.  Its another thing, a stark point, to see them both cut Swearinger, and fire Lafemina in the same week, both for speaking the truth.  In Lafemina's case it wasnt in an inappropriate public forum.

And therein is my fear about ever hiring from within.  Even if they fire Allen, what makes anyone think Smith or Schaffer arent "Yes" men?  How would they still be employed if they werent?  Either Snyder has to have a conversion, or has to sell the team for anything to ever change.  Its sad some of sports most loyal fans have to endure this, but a big part of it is we are also the enablers, which Snyder loves.  Its time to stop enabling, once and for all.

Archived