Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Audi Field to Host Washington DC Defenders XFL Team in 2020

Ron78

What Will You Do To Support the XFL Franchise in DC?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What Will You Do To Support the XFL Franchise in DC?

• Attend games at Audi Field
    • Watch games at home or in sports bars
    • I will not support this team

15 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I read the release and didn't see anything specific about Washington or Audi Field. Did you read that somewhere else? 

The release only signals an intent to merge. When they combine there'll be 16 teams in a spring football league. I'm just shooting off the hip here and thinking hypotheticals, since again we know almost nothing about how this league would operate. One thing is the Defenders were pretty big in the XFL so it'd be difficult to see them being abandoned or forced to play elsewhere. Philly if the merge goes through had a USFL team so you could see Philly and Washington share a Midatlantic hub which would hopefully be Audi Field.

1 minute ago, ixcuincle said:

Biggest takeaway is that you have one league now instead of two separate ones during the offseason, which would hopefully help. Still want to see the rules of the new league though.

Correct. I think when they evaluate teams from both leagues, playing sites, Fan interest, etc. Washington has done well for the XFL twice now. 

• 2 months later...

Seeing more and more evidence DC is likely a location especially with the influx of ticket marketing

https://xflnewshub.com/xfl-news/ufl-emerges-inside-scoop-on-the-xfl-usfl-merger-including-cities/

An inside source has revealed the potential returning markets for the newly merged league. Cities like Arlington, Houston, San Antonio, St. Louis, DC, Birmingham, Michigan, and Memphis are in the spotlight, potentially hosting the UFL teams. However, it’s important to note that these details are not yet finalized or officially confirmed, leaving room for further developments.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

Seeing more and more evidence DC is likely a location especially with the influx of ticket marketing

https://xflnewshub.com/xfl-news/ufl-emerges-inside-scoop-on-the-xfl-usfl-merger-including-cities/

An inside source has revealed the potential returning markets for the newly merged league. Cities like Arlington, Houston, San Antonio, St. Louis, DC, Birmingham, Michigan, and Memphis are in the spotlight, potentially hosting the UFL teams. However, it’s important to note that these details are not yet finalized or officially confirmed, leaving room for further developments.

I was excited for this...then I saw it's only eight teams again. I would hope they will expand to at least 16 teams within the near future.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, but after watchign the DC Defenders run through every regular season team (except one), only to lose the championship game to a team with a losing record...yeah, I can't root for two suck ass DC football teams.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We score a TD to pull within 2, but our 59 got caught spitting on the opponent. They will push the try back.

And they challenge the RT false starting.
Official deem that he did false start, and retroactively remove the TD. Odd seeing this as you never see offsides, false start reviewed in NFL

After that humiliating loss in the championship game, I gave up on the DC Defenders. I actually forgot they played this weekend, I was willing to go back on my word to see some DC football. They were actually a very good team last year, they just didn't finish when it actually counted. Lost the Super Bowl to a team that didn't even have a winning record.

I watched the highlights of the Defender's recent game, that was terrible. Its only the first game, but I regret laying eyes upon what I saw...embarrassing. I don't need another DC football team making me feel bad, I only have room for one.