Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pasta-belly: Lavar rejects 'Skins offer for an extension

goldenster95

Originally posted by PennSkinsFan

Lavar is no different than Champ and they are no different than anyone else. DC is great, but the cash is what it is all about. I love Lavar, I loved him when he was at my Alma Mater, but this is not abotu the Redskisn or the fans or DC, it is about payday.

Bingo

Originally posted by PennSkinsFan

Lavar is no different than Champ and they are no different than anyone else. DC is great, but the cash is what it is all about. I love Lavar, I loved him when he was at my Alma Mater, but this is not abotu the Redskisn or the fans or DC, it is about payday.

:insane: :dunce: No offense, but DUH. This isn;t the seventies or the eighties. The landscapre of the NFL has changed dramatically. If these players and their agents don;t negotiate a fair market value for their services, then they're really naive, or just plain dumb.

Free agency isn't going anywhere. This is the way the NFL is.

Sad but true.:(

Of course it's about the cash. It should be. Why would LaVar or Champ take a lesser deal than one they can get in a month.

They have to look out for themselves first. Doesn't mean they don't want to be here and aren't committed. Just means they want a nice contract. I can't blame them for turning down the first offer.

Posse, first of all, Lavar isn't going to be a FA this offseason. Secondly, there's a difference between a "nice contract" and holding out and switching teams in order to get an extra couple of million dollars.

I realize that sounds dumb because who wouldnt' do that? But with a contract that totals 65M dollars, holding out for an extra 5 isn't necessarily as necessary as it seems.

Originally posted by rdsknbill

:insane: :dunce: No offense, but DUH. This isn;t the seventies or the eighties. The landscapre of the NFL has changed dramatically. If these players and their agents don;t negotiate a fair market value for their services, then they're really naive, or just plain dumb.

Free agency isn't going anywhere. This is the way the NFL is.

Sad but true.:(

Okay so whats fair market value for Lavar? Boulware money?, Lewis money? I love Lavar too but he doesnt impact the game as much as Lewis does, so he definetely isnt in Lewis territory.

In fact when was the last game that Lavar was truely a disruptive force. I cant remember one....

I think your wrong.

Thomas has been the lone bright spot on the line (BTW - his cap hit is 1.5 mil this year).

Morton has been a solid KR and has already taken one to the house. Additionally, he has been a solid threat out of the backfield (950k cap hit this year for a backup RB and a PR/KR).

Hall is kicking at 80% and is 4/6 from 50+ yards. No kicker has made moe than 3 fg's from more than 50. The Jets replacement at kicker is 0/4 from 50+. Lose any close games this year? That's a 850k cap hit for Hall this year.

For 500k more, the Jets could have kept Coles this year and had him teaming up with an emerginf Santana Moss. Instead, they decided to play it cheap, take the 1st rounder (spend the SAME amount of money signing him) and getting a retread like Conway who is not even having 1/2 of the year that Coles is. Cap hit of 2.5 mil or so for Coles, the best WR the Skins have had since Gary Clark.

Trotter was coming off of what, 2 or 3 straight pro-bowls? The Skins made a bad signing...but a good move, imho, in pursuing talent like his. (1.5 mil cap hit for Trotter this year).

Armstead is a bloated contract? Reallly? Is he making 5+ million to be a backup QB? His cap hit of 1.4 million this year hardly seems like a bloated contract. Especially with a team that still has roughly 2 mil under the cap with most of the year gone.

13 mill bonus for Cole$..........he's not a top WR in the league. Maybe on your scrub team but not in the NFL.

The you offer Champ & Arrington whom are both in the top 3 at their positions around the same signing bonus, hilarious.

Say what you want about Thomas, Morton & Hall they're all average footvball players and we're all overPAID.

Originally posted by NYC

13 mill bonus for Cole$..........he's not a top WR in the league. Maybe on your scrub team but not in the NFL.

The you offer Champ & Arrington whom are both in the top 3 at their positions around the same signing bonus, hilarious.

Say what you want about Thomas, Morton & Hall they're all average footvball players and we're all overPAID.

Coles is 7th in yards, 13th in catches...and there are only 2, YES 2, WR's who have caught as many passes as him that have a higher YPC. Those two are Chad Johnson and Randy Moss.

Nice company.

Originally posted by The Evil Genius

Again, unless the offer included the signing bonus to actually be paid over a 2 or 3 year period - Lavar would be getting MORE money upfront and more importantly, IT'S GUARENTEED (the SB is).

What he's trying to get you to realize is compare the final 3 years of Lavar's contract, he's got about 26 million coming to him, and really unless he has a career ending injury, snyder won't cut him. If he signs a contract extension he probably won't see 26 million in the first three years, and when he's set to recieve his big payday, snyder will just want to re-negotiate.

The season's almost over and there are still moron jets fans hanging around claiming that Coles and the other ex-jets aren't very good and were overpaid.:laugh: All four of those guys have played really well and earned their money. Hell, they were probably our 4 best players this year. If Coles was surrounded by the Rams offense, he would have numbers like Holt.

As far as Lavar goes, don't freak out yet people. Nobody takes the first offer. Lavar isn't going anywhere, because there is no way in hell Snyder will let him get away. Champ maybe, but not Lavar.

Interesting that you would bring up Holt. He had 91 catches last year and 4 td's.

Look, evil, you've already embarrassed yourself once in this thread so please let this go.

Coles is no Holt.

Coles is a top 10 NFC receiver with great speed- that's it. He isn't in the top tier of NFL receivers- Moss, Owens, Harrison, Chad Johnson, etc.

I can't even remember the contract he got, so I can't say whether or not he was overpaid, but please stop saying he is as good as Holt (who is still paced to possibly break Jerry Rice's record for receiving yards in a season).

Also, when you talk about how low the cap hits for those free agents, think really hard....you saw the contract numbers. If there is only a teeny cap hit this year, would there not have to a big one somewhere?

If Lavar doesn't restructure, the Skins may not have enough cap room to franchise Champ and it seems like he's dying to get out of town at this point.

Archived