Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is Wrong with Alex Smith?

NoVaSkins21

He throws a terrible deep ball, he uses his checkdown as option two on most passing downs, he’s too scared to throw to his option one, he panicks in the pocket and puts his head down and moves out resulting in sacks+more check downs+2 yard qb runs.

However, I’m no longer afraid the offense is going to “**** up” in big moments. I just have little faith we will do much other than burn some clock, play field position and get a field goal.

Hes certainly not winning us games, but not losing them for us either. 

Im really hoping he gains more confidence in Jay’s offense and gets some rhythm. Because as brought up many times in this thread. If he can bring this passing game to average, we would be a scary team.

Just now, DJHJR86 said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PresDa01.htm#33-41-sum:stats

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitAl03.htm#157-165-sum:stats

Prescott: 175/273, 64.1%, 1930 Yards, 11 TD, 5 INT, 90.8 Rating, 7.05 AY/A, 3 Rushing TD

Smith: 193/301, 64.12%, 2045 Yards, 10 TD, 3 INT, 90.7 Rating, 7.01 AY/A, 1 Rushing TD

Damn, that is some similarity there.  Funny how many of the fans around the league have turned on Dak and call him out for his poor play and not being what the Cowboys thought they had after his rookie season, but some people, some of the same folks here, try to prop up Alex when he has pretty much identical numbers.  

15 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Alex Smith and Dak Prescott's numbers this year are near identical.  I find that amazing and sad at the same time because I view Dak's ceiling as average game manager.  

The most interesting part of it is that people that thinks Prescott sucks still thinks Alex is doing good.

I can really care less about who is a better QB. Kirk is gone and Alex is here. I think Cousins is a better passer and Smith the better leader. We are all different and to be honest I love the ugly games that we win. It reminds me of what I love about football in the first place. Other fans love a clean, fast moving game where a lot of points are scored. I obviously think down and dirty is better and will continue to do so. I like Alex more as a person and he fits ugly wins more so it's an easy decision for me 

And I can admit all day that Alex sucks right now, but he is sucking all the way to 6-3

4 minutes ago, Taylor 36 said:

Damn, that is some similarity there.  Funny how many of the fans around the league have turned on Dak and call him out for his poor play and not being what the Cowboys thought they had after his rookie season, but some people, some of the same folks here, try to prop up Alex when he has pretty much identical numbers.  

I actually was actually saying Dak is a younger stronger Alex Smith to my friend during the Titans Monday nighter. Based on his lack of going through progressions, bailing out of pocket unnecessarily, and being conservative. 

However my buddy is a big Alex Smith advocate and shot down the idea with “Smith has never had offensive talent around him other than last two seasons at KC”. So we went into this overly long history lesson/debate, involving harbaugh running game, frank gore, Vernon Davis, Andy Reid...and around it goes lol

• Jumbo locked this topic

Archived