Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

So, reports are that the packers-bears game will be the Thursday night regular season kickoff game instead of the winner of tonight’s game hosting, due to the nfls 100th season. But, correct me if I’m wrong here.....wasn’t the leagues first year in...1920? How is 2019 the 100th year? 

13 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, reports are that the packers-bears game will be the Thursday night regular season kickoff game instead of the winner of tonight’s game hosting, due to the nfls 100th season. But, correct me if I’m wrong here.....wasn’t the leagues first year in...1920? How is 2019 the 100th year? 

If it began in 1920, then yes 2019 would be the 100th year.

Reason is, when you're simply adding 100 to 1920 in typical math addition, you're counting forward, beginning the following year, and not taking into account the first year, 1920.

But you have to take into account 1920 for the sake of the operation.

A simpler way of looking at it is, if it began in 1920, then 1921, would be the 2nd year, even though 1920 + 1 = 1921

Make sense ? :)

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I think I'm the only one pulling for the Pats.

Is anyone at all, with me ?

If it means cementing Brady's legacy and him retiring then I am good with the Patriots winning.

Otherwise, I don't know one Rams fan and like McVay so rooting for them.  

11 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I think I'm the only one pulling for the Pats.

Is anyone at all, with me ?

I’m rooting Pats too, for a variety of reasons.

i hate teams that hold fan bases hostage and move. The Rams have moved twice. Shame on them.

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Rams unis are badass 

Love the blue and gold.

Just now, TouchdownSkin said:

Go Rams!

Can’t believe I am saying this, but glad to see Romo call this game.  He know his stuff.  Wonder why no Aikman?

Wrong network

5 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

I’m rooting Pats too, for a variety of reasons.

i hate teams that hold fan bases hostage and move. The Rams have moved twice. Shame on them.

They've moved more than that. Use to be in Cleveland originally. 

Speakin o Cle. McVay wins this I'll prolly feel like my SIL n Browns fans do everytime they watch belichick win. Still rootin for McVay tho.

5 minutes ago, TouchdownSkin said:

Go Rams!

Can’t believe I am saying this, but glad to see Romo call this game.  He know his stuff.  Wonder why no Aikman?

Aikman works for FOX. This game is on CBS.

Calling this game is the only way Romo was ever getting to a Super Bowl. :):dallas_sucks:

Archived