Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another "What if we won the Super Bowl this season" question...

Trent Williams & Ryan Kerrigan, those are two guys who have played at such a high level for so long game in and game out regardless of what are record is or standing in the division.

Also Gruden, I like him as a coach and want to see the team do well under his leadership.

On 8/3/2018 at 2:01 PM, Warhead36 said:

I wanna see Dan Snyder hoist the Lombardi and then pull his pants down and tell the world to kiss his ass.

Dan is that you ?!

Do you think Dan Snyder actually reads these boards, I bet he does

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:29 PM, Califan007 said:

- Alex Smith...paid his dues, is an incredible class act, humble as hell, yet constantly disrespected...even when he gets praised there are just as many people willing to roll their eyes at the thought that he just might have warranted the praise...so if he became Super Bowl MVP and held up the trophy, I'd be damn happy for him.

I like this one.  Plus it will be a win for the fans.  We were held hostage by Kurt for too long and this would be sweet redemption.  Spanking the Vikings in the NFCCG would be icing on the cake in this scenario!

I know we aren't on the team but...

Us.

I'd be happiest for us more than anything.

There have been a lot of great responses on here and I don't disagree with any of them.  But players come and go.  I guess fans do as well, but I'm assuming that if you're logged into Extremeskins while you should be concentrating on work, you're not going anywhere anytime soon.

My point is that we've hung in there through thick and mostly thin.  I was born in late 81, I have very faint memories of what it was like in the glory years.  By and large, my experience as a Redskins fan has been mostly terrible.  If you were born before me, you have better memories and you've got a lot of equity built up in pulling for this team.  If you were born after me, you're probably asking yourself...WTF did I do?

But I'll still be here in the next 5, 10, 20 years.  A lot of you will be, too.  And while we haven't sacrificed our bodies and the way players do, we've certainly paid the price.  For every time you've walked into work on a Monday after the Skins lost and had to hear about it from some dumb Cowboys fan, for every dollar you've spent on gear, for every time you've been away from the TV on a Sunday and have been checking the score when you should probably be paying attention to something else, for the group of people you watch the games with...for all the posts you've made on here fretting over who the 3rd string running back will be or some obscure guy we took in the 6th round...I'll be happiest for us, more than any player on the Skins.  Hands down, not even a question.

Earlier this summer, like a lot of you I saw the Caps win the Stanley Cup, which was cool.  I'm not into hockey but like a lot of people born and raised in the DMV, I understood the Caps struggle.  I know how hated the Penguins are, going back to the Lemieux and Jagr days and all about the playoff runs that were quick exits and choke jobs.  I remember them getting smoked by the Red Wings in the Finals.  I've been to a few games, even saw Peter Bondra get a hat trick once.  

But I'm not a die hard.  I couldn't really partake in the celebration on a level that lifetime Caps fans could.

But what I noticed more than anything was how happy the Caps fans were for each other.  Of course they were happy for Ovie and the rest of the group but there seemed to a be a big display of "Hey...we've been through this together and it all paid off, we did it," which was really cool to see.  

So if the Skins win a Super Bowl, I'd be really happy for Trent, Kerrigan, Alex Smith and everyone else involved but that really won't be able to match what I feel for fellow Skins fans everywhere.  

Archived