Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Amazon, Apple, Google, and Facebook should be broken up

Bozo the kKklown

Zuckerberg might as well say "Republicans buy Jordans, too".

He's trying to play neutral, but for someone who advocates for unlimited free speech, he's hypocritical in how he deals with the one man who wants and has the power to stop up.  Stop helping him, be real, this is about money, not free speech.

Twitter has stepped up, now finish the job and ban homie, you know you want to.

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Zuckerberg doesn't care at all about free speech, he cares about money and power. Whatever gets him that is good by him. 

Agreed, so glad to see his own employees call him out and some even resign.

Seriously, if anyone has Facebook on their phone, uninstall it if you can.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/6/18253274/facebook-users-decline-15-million-people-united-states-privacy-scandals

25 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Zuckerberg might as well say "Republicans buy Jordans, too".

He's trying to play neutral, but for someone who advocates for unlimited free speech, he's hypocritical in how he deals with the one man who wants and has the power to stop up.  Stop helping him, be real, this is about money, not free speech.

Twitter has stepped up, now finish the job and ban homie, you know you want to.

Give it 7 days. I think he will be banned in a week or less. His tweets get more and more vile by the hour

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

Just now, skinfan2k said:

Amazon will be one to look at in the next few years to dismantle.  They are in everything from sever space, media, groceries and music.  

Thought I read something earlier this year about Bezos on track to eventually become the world's first trillionaire? Any truth to that (I havent seen the projection #'s).

But no one individual with that much money can ever be trusted.

• Like 1

I don't "use" any of them.  I especially don't use Facebook after being informed, by someone in the 'know', that Facebook uses bots instead of moderators.  I got banned for re-posting a pic I found on Facebook, by a Facebook 'bot' (but we all know it was a human).  I closed my account and haven't been back!

Don't need any of the other when one uses Ubuntu as an operating system.

These companies are far too big. They absolutely stifle competition and startups and they will continue to use their size and money to manipulate markets. 

Actually, I don't know enough about Alphabet (google) to talk about their size or competition advantage. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Thought I read something earlier this year about Bezos on track to eventually become the world's first trillionaire? Any truth to that (I havent seen the projection #'s).

Yup. He's right.  I mean when you think about buying something, what does the average person do? Go on amazon.  They don't even bother to look elsewhere but I have heard that Wal-mart and Target are getting close to or even better than amazon with their prices. 

11 minutes ago, Skinned Aussie said:

I don't "use" any of them.  I especially don't use Facebook after being informed, by someone in the 'know', that Facebook uses bots instead of moderators.  I got banned for re-posting a pic I found on Facebook, by a Facebook 'bot' (but we all know it was a human).  I closed my account and haven't been back!

Don't need any of the other when one uses Ubuntu as an operating system.

I don’t doubt if it’s not human- Tech uses a lot of automation to filter through and stop things even if they are legit.  Working for one, you have to take the good with the bad when it comes to other bots that can spread misinformation like wildfire and harm people in many Different ways (scams a leading one) and that comes at the risk of blocking some legitimate at the initial onset.  

you can only do so much with automation and a lot of it is due to the inability to scale support in those areas.

What we have done is use a more conservative approach to error on the side of caution and offer disputes and additional information to allow something to continue .

24 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It's a projection, but realistic, especially given that people like Gates and Buffett keep allocating portions of their wealth to charity.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2020/05/14/jeff-bezos-worlds-first-trillionaire-sparks-heated-debate/5189161002/

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm not saying you are wrong given how many people with too much money eventually decided to just give most or all of it away.

But so far your opinion is undefeated considering who the first one is going to be.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

I'm not saying you are wrong given how many people with too much money eventually decided to just give most or all of it away.

But so far your opinion is undefeated considering who the first one is going to be.

I freely admit that it being uncharted territory is what frightens me most. It could also be that in a really good year I might clear $41k and maybe I'm just jealous.

But how much money can one make before the entire globe is in their hand for them to play around with?

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

But how much money can one make before the entire globe is in their hand for them to play around with?

Approximately 147.2 billion

Joking aside, I will say it seems that both sucker berg (autocorrected so I’ll leave it) and bezos do a lot for charities and have donated a ton more than I would have anticipated and expected

Edited by steve09ru

16 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Approximately 147.2 billion

Joking aside, I will say it seems that both sucker berg (autocorrected so I’ll leave it) and bezos do a lot for charities and have donated a ton more than I would have anticipated and expected

Ugh, even Koch Brothers donate to PBS.

@Mr. Sinister money is power and Elon will probably be the second trillionaire with his own planet at this rate. 

We can't make rules on how much money people can have, and we shouldn't, imo. We can make rules on what they can or can't do with it and how they get it, at least.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Mr. Sinister money is power and Elon will probably be the second trillionaire with his own planet at this rate. 

We can't make rules on how much money people can have, and we shouldn't, imo. We can make rules on what they can or can't do with it and how they get it, at least.

What ways could we limit the how

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

We already have plenty of rules, start with enforcing them.

We also have regulations, anti-trust laws, and need campaign finance reform, etc.

And forgive me because I’m dumb to this specifically but what exactly are they doing against these things

15 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I've come to believe that we do need some limitations at the very upper end on how much someone can have. No different than having anti-trust laws limiting the size of corporations. 

21 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

And forgive me because I’m dumb to this specifically but what exactly are they doing against these things

Voting.

I also don't use Facebook.

16 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I've come to believe that we do need some limitations at the very upper end on how much someone can have. No different than having anti-trust laws limiting the size of corporations. 

That may get OT, but who decides what that number is?  That's huge reason I say don't do it.

Edited by Renegade7

22 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Can you expand on what this would do?  Honestly curious

hmm...I'm going to try to answer your question while trying stay on topic, if that's cool.

I'm not convinced the Dems are ready to jump into the 1st Amendment controversy of what it would take to hold Zuckerberg accountable for his actions. But Twitter does, which might help them get a blueprint on what to do or work from.

The GOP won't.  At this point, I'm convinced from reading reports that he's ignoring anyone internally trying to show his company is furthering the divisions in this country instead of helping it come together like he claimed his vision was.  Maybe at one time that's what he wanted, but absolute power can corrupt absolutely sometimes, he's dead to us now and a threat to our democracy.  The cynic in me considering how often he talks with Republicans directly that's he's basically helping them do it because its good for business.

I have a better chance hoping the Dems do something constructive that isn't too destructive then holding my breath for the GOP to do anything against their best interests.  

It's not idealism, its pragmatism.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Skinned Aussie said:

If you want to hurt them, don't use them! The fewer people who use them will soon see them go the way of the dodo.

There must be others around you can use, or just don't use any at all.

It's hard to leave the Facebook sphere. Can't get on Instagram cause that's Facebook too. Can't use WhatsApp either. I still have WhatsApp installed cause with family and folks overseas.