Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone going to the New Orleans game?

THUNDERDOME

There's quite a few of us making the trip from Houston or Dallas to New Orleans and I searched and didn't see any info if there was going to be a tailgate. Is anyone making the trip and if so does anybody know about the tailgate scene in New Orleans?

If anybody's going and wants to set something up let's do it....

On 11/6/2017 at 8:00 PM, THUNDERDOME said:

There's quite a few of us making the trip from Houston or Dallas to New Orleans and I searched and didn't see any info if there was going to be a tailgate. Is anyone making the trip and if so does anybody know about the tailgate scene in New Orleans?

If anybody's going and wants to set something up let's do it....

There are a few (28)skins fans flying to NO next week.. we leaving from Richmond on Fri noon.

I'll be there... taking my 8 year old daughter. I've been to some of the rally's before but we will probably skip this one-- kind of an iffy environment for a kid I guess. Not familiar with this place in particular though. 

This is always such a stalker-ish question and I am not an autograph guy at all, but anyone know which hotel team stays at? My daughter would think it was cool to catch a glimpse of the bus arriving or something. 

On 11/11/2017 at 1:15 PM, kleese said:

I'll be there... taking my 8 year old daughter. I've been to some of the rally's before but we will probably skip this one-- kind of an iffy environment for a kid I guess. Not familiar with this place in particular though. 

This is always such a stalker-ish question and I am not an autograph guy at all, but anyone know which hotel team stays at? My daughter would think it was cool to catch a glimpse of the bus arriving or something. 

I'm there with my 11 year old daughter and 9 year old son.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to do the rally but I saw footage of the last one, and saw some young kids there.  So toying with it. 

As for Hotel, maybe the Omni?  They stay at the Omni in Richmond.  

One thing about Johnny White's. 

I recommend getting there a few hours early. It's a small, long hallway of a building. It fills up FAST. Last time we had a Rally down there, it spilled out into the street & a lot of us couldn't get in as they had already exceeded the fire code limit.

It's near the end of the "fun" part of Bourbon Street.

Two hour delayed flight trying to leave out to Hotlanta which ate up my two hour layover. So after being moved to a later flight I know have a 3 hour layover in ATL. Delta is seriously cutting into my hand grenade consumption. ****ers. :)  

On 11/11/2017 at 11:15 AM, kleese said:

This is always such a stalker-ish question and I am not an autograph guy at all, 

To each there own..and with all do respect kleece, but what ever happened to fans seeking out autographs?..now I notice that a few times during training camp and maybe during the season they'll have players set up to autograph and I guess if ur a local in the city ur favorite team plays in its easier to get autographs ..well anyway here in the boonies in no man's land it was cool to get autographs at least when I was a kid...I went to a half dozen broncos games in Denver and two or three of them were against the skins...boy howdy we were doing anything and everything to get autographs from skins players..

8 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

To each there own..and with all do respect kleece, but what ever happened to fans seeking out autographs?..now I notice that a few times during training camp and maybe during the season they'll have players set up to autograph and I guess if ur a local in the city ur favorite team plays in its easier to get autographs ..well anyway here in the boonies in no man's land it was cool to get autographs at least when I was a kid...I went to a half dozen broncos games in Denver and two or three of them were against the skins...boy howdy we were doing anything and everything to get autographs from skins players..

Just not my thing. Never has been, even as a kid. I once wrote a letter to Raleigh McKenzie and he wrote back and signed it and that was cool. But I don’t collect signatures or anything like that. I met my Redskins idol in 2012 (Gary Clark) and got a pic with him. That was great, but getting him to sign something never crossed my mind. 

I dont particularly desire to meet the players either. I’d only approach one if it was a setting like a rally where that’s sort of the point. Met Joe T briefly before game in Dallas in 2014 and got a pic with his ring, and that was cool too. 

1 hour ago, kleese said:

Just not my thing. Never has been, even as a kid. I once wrote a letter to Raleigh McKenzie and he wrote back and signed it and that was cool. But I don’t collect signatures or anything like that. I met my Redskins idol in 2012 (Gary Clark) and got a pic with him. That was great, but getting him to sign something never crossed my mind. 

I dont particularly desire to meet the players either. I’d only approach one if it was a setting like a rally where that’s sort of the point. Met Joe T briefly before game in Dallas in 2014 and got a pic with his ring, and that was cool too. 

Oh how awesome you certainly have met some of the greats...right on, well HTTR!!

I had an awesome time visiting New Orleans for RG3's debut. Stayed at the Hyatt next to the stadium and got to walk to the game. Good gameday experience. Fans were a bit chirpy, but that settled down after Pierre took that first TD to the house. Also, there were so many Skins fans for the rally on Bourbon street.   

Hard to look past the pain of the meltdown.... my poor daughter started crying when the Saints tied it and was really upset the rest of the way.....

But in terms of the experience, it was good. Saints fans create a party atmosphere as expected but we encountered nothing inappropriate or over the top. Generally friendly. The area outside the Dome with the bands is cool. Very lively. Skins fans all over the place. But it wasn’t a “takeover” or anything—crowd was loud although we did a nice job keeping them quiet.... until, well you know... 

We’ve been here since Friday morning and it has been a great great experience. City has a lot to offer— no shortage of things to see and do, even with an 8 year old. tHe history here is incredible. 

Obviously the way this game ended will be hard to forget. It will linger forever I guess because I was here. Half a yard away from walking out of here with what would have been a great win. That said, if you ever travel to a Skins game I would certainly suggest adding NOLA to your list. 

Archived