Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

TK

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va.  The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins signed the following player to their practice squad:

OL Givens Price

The Redskins released the following player from their practice squad:

OL Andreas Knappe

The Eagles just landed a Pro Bowl running back  who is signed through 2018 at a very low rate for a 4th.  Where was Bruce Allen and why wasn't he offering our 4th which will be a higher pick?

I'm usually not a fan of bad teams trading picks but there is no way you will convince me they would find a back as good as Ajayi in the 4th.  He is a proven player at a huge need position and comes cheap. 

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

The Eagles just landed a Pro Bowl running back  who is signed through 2018 at a very low rate for a 4th.  Where was Bruce Allen and why wasn't he offering our 4th which will be a higher pick?

I'm usually not a fan of bad teams trading picks but there is no way you will convince me they would find a back as good as Ajayi in the 4th.  He is a proven player at a huge need position and comes cheap. 

Bruce: "Hey, Jay, we can go get a pretty good RB for a 4th. Thoughts?"
Jay: "Don't you dare try and take my Rob Kelley away from me!!!!!"  (Puts his finger in his mouth and starts to cry and pull on his ear...)

zggqky8ujtw2t2qkw08p.jpg

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'm glad they are making practice squad moves. Sign players that have no chance of playing when you can't field a full team sounds like an awesome strategy.  

That actually is what the team should be doing. Tons of injuries mean you need to have practice squad guys at the ready, so that roster needs to be fresh. Heck, the Cowboys game we had a couple guys elevated and playing. We have guys and have had guys on the team that started out on practice squad.

That being said, trading for Ajayi would have been very nice. 

4 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm sure you know a lot about football, but Ajayi really isn't that good. He's had literally 6 good games (great games) thru his whole career and the rest, the vast majority, were absolutely trash. 

Sidenote, we have no OL... it doesn't matter what RB we throw back there.

3 minutes ago, CTskin said:

I'm sure you know a lot about football, but Ajayi really isn't that good. He's had literally 6 good games (great games) thru his whole career and the rest, the vast majority, were absolutely trash. 

I know enough to realize the backs we have, and have had since Alf left, have no vision and/or go down on the first hit.  I have made comments before that if you look around the league at other team's starting running backs they are much more explosive than our group. AJayi was one example I was thinking about actually.  He is much better than anyone we have and it's not really close. 

1 hour ago, CTskin said:

To add on to this, we also don’t bother running the ball much anyways, so what’s the point of having a good RB when you don’t ever commit to the run in the first place? It’s like having Tony Gonzalez and keeping him in to block every play.

6 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

do you think they're going to cut the starter?  Do you think they'll cut the fourth round pick who won job as the primary backup?  If you don't, then where the hell was the roster spot for him supposed to come from at this point?

Jay doesn't run the ball because 2nd and 9 is no place to live.  When it is working he will stick with it, see the Rams game. 

It's obvious that Ajayi is a big upgrade over anyone we have. The Philadelphia Eagles somehow found room on their roster for a player like this and he will be a big addition, probably putting them over the top in the NFC. 

Archived