Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

4th Quarter Discussion: Redskins 17 Eagles 24

KDawg

Notes:

Not a whole lot to say. Gut check time. Skins need to answer the call and step up in a one score game. Cousins has been very meh so far tonight. These are the games and situations that a franchise quarterback earns that title. Let's see what he's made of. 

1 minute ago, lifetimeskin said:

Are we scared to throw the ball deep? We haven’t given Philly any reason not to come after the QB, and we flat out abandoned the run on several 3rd and 1 on third down early in the first half. 

Yup. I wrote down the exact same thoughts for my post game thread that I'll post tomorrow.

The only thing consistent about the play calling is the inconsistency, Vernon Davis does nothing but get open when his number is called, and Doctson isn’t a pro-bowler (yet) but man he’ll never be if he’s getting three to four targets a game, the screen game with Thompson is very underutilized...I just don’t get it. 

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

All these short shorts when time is low is killing me.  Gotta throw it down the field.

Theyre too safe, too afraid. I'm not sure any passes traveled over 20 yards tonight. Completed or not.

If you’re not gonna challenge the secondary with the deep ball and not run routes that carry you beyond the first down marker then why won’t you at least run the ball which I thought was going well in the first half, consistent 3-5 yards for Kelly but Gruden decides to go all Philly offense and throw in the face of all out third down blitzes knowing the injury’s on the O-line, did we learn nothing from the first game this front four gets after the QB and are good at what they do, no adjustments at all by our coaching staff. 

Ike Hilliard certainly isn’t earning his pay, these receivers don’t come back to the ball, these big guy’s on the outside Pryor and Doctson aren’t using those big bodies on slant routes...not that there being called on 3rd and short downs by the way, so much looks very uncoached and undisciplined, from a second ranked offense last year to the bottom this year, Philly brought heat up the middle all night not off the edge straight up the gut you mean we couldn’t torch them with hard slants from those big receivers? Just too dumb! 

Archived