Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden vs. ESPN

Grizz

Originally posted by Cleotis

get a ps2.

NO NO! Get a Gamecube! :laugh:

How old is your son? If he's older, he might appreciate Madden more for the classic teams and players. ESPN has better graphics, and I beleive the gameplay is a little more fast paced. I heard that ESPN on Xbox may be the best football sim for this year. I've only played Madden too, so I can't really offer too much advice.

I have both on Xbox.

All IMO of course:

Madden is easier to pick up and play and has an overall better franchise mode. ESPN is the better playing, looking, sounding, smelling (you get the point) football game. Much deeper playbooks and excellent presentation and commentary too. Neither is perfect. Both are good. But I like ESPN more as it has a fresher feel to it. But if you're used to and arent tired of the Madden formula, you cant go wrong choosing Madden.

Originally posted by Saqs

I have both on Xbox.

All IMO of course:

Madden is easier to pick up and play and has an overall better franchise mode. ESPN is the better playing, looking, sounding, smelling (you get the point) football game. Much deeper playbooks and excellent presentation and commentary too. Neither is perfect. Both are good. But I like ESPN more as it has a fresher feel to it. But if you're used to and arent tired of the Madden formula, you cant go wrong choosing Madden.

I gotta disagree with that, ESPNi s the old NFL2k series which is far easier to pick up and play for a novice gamer, the graphics are more detailed on ESPN but the players movement are far from life like [choppy, and combersome]. Madden playbooks are more detailed more realistic which require you to know/understand individual players assignments, you just can't snap the ball and chuck it like y ou can in ESPN .

Besides the fact that the ESPN game designer quoted in interview I think it was from IGN.com said that ESPN was geared towards the casual gamer which is why it has the arcadey feel to it, and that Madden is a football sim for the hardcore gamers.

I have both and def play Madden more, but I do like the 1st person mode of ESPN

St. Louis Redskin

I think your son's age is gonna dictate what game appeals to him just take him to EB, or whatever gamestore is near you and let him demo both to see which he prefers

I still wonder why people think PS2 is superior to Xbox?

I'd say Xbox all the way, unless your child is 12 or under, then I'd say gamecube, their games are more geared torward children, Resident Evil aside.

If your kid is into all the fine details like building a dream team, owning a team, managing a cap. get Madden. For pure gameplay, ESPN is best.

i got espn and i played madden. espn is way better in graphics, and its not complicated at all, espn looks much more real and the playmaker thing on madden, that's just movin the line, linebackers, or dbs in, out, or just in a position to play either the run or pass better, espn already gots it. first person view is difficult to get and contrary to popular belief, u dont have to play that way if u dont want to, and u can customize the camera view, not like 4 or 5 selections but like full zoom, angle at which you're lookin at, jeez, need i say more?

Originally posted by Drakkhim

I bought an Xbox for the sheer fact that ESPN Football was on it. It's the game that got me back into console gaming. I love it. It's my favorite football game ever... next to Tecmo Bowl that is. :)

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

All bow down and pay homage to the mighty Tecmo Bowl!

Tracy Rocker never looked so good, no really, he never did.

Archived