Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden vs. ESPN

Grizz

Originally posted by KevinthePRF

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

All bow down and pay homage to the mighty Tecmo Bowl!

Tracy Rocker never looked so good, no really, he never did.

I still play Tecmo Bowl on my NES from time to time. After all of these years the game works just fine.

Originally posted by KevinthePRF

If you really want to eat away all your time to do something constructive, go to this site:

http://www.famssu.com/tecmo/

Download any past tecmo, 2003 rosters of course, fully upgradable, in case we sign Mike Sellers.

I actually like playing with the old Rosters on the Nintendo as opposed to the ROMS with the current rosters. Nothing better than "Touchdown Art Monk."

I have both PS2 AND X-Box but will be selling my PS2 to a friend at work for 130$ (with some accessories). Why? Because most games are released on BOTH systems and most play better on the X-Box.

Now, as for Madden or ESPN. I rented Madden on PS2, then bought it for the X-Box...LOVED it, played 2 full seasons in Franchise mode in little over a week...more options outside of the actual game than you can shake a stick at...I LOVED the owner mode stuff you could do. ....THEN....I tried ESPN and totally forgot about Madden. The gameplay was more balanced, defenses played more true to life (Bailey and Smoot had..get this..17 picks EACH during one of my Madden seasons....and I wasn't playing on the 'easy' difficulty). I also couldn't buy a sack on Madden while ESPN is much more realistic with them. Offensively, there's not too much of a difference.

Overrall presentation of ESPN blows Madden away, the Bermen Halftime report, the music, the 'Crib'...everything about it is top-notch. ..and graphically, ESPN just owns Madden. In the past, the 2k series was good but just missed snatching the ball from Madden...this year ESPN not only takes the ball, they return it for a TD.

So...in case you can't figure it out, ESPN is my pick....but even if you get Madden, I'm sure you'll like it.

Originally posted by Muskrat

I In the past, the 2k series was good but just missed snatching the ball from Madden...this year ESPN not only takes the ball, they return it for a TD.

I totally agree. This is the first version that has overtaken Madden.

I have played PS2 Madden and I own ESPN for XBOX. IMO ESPN is clearly the better game...graphics, gameplay, sound. The first-person football feature is incredible. Not to say that Madden is a terrible game but I have managed to convince some hardcore Madden fans that it is inferior to ESPN 2k4.

Thanks for all the responses. You've all made it so much easier to decide now:rolleyes: Sound like I can't go wrong with either its just a matter of personel taste. I think I'll rent them both from Blockbuster and decide from there.

Archived