Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(NY Times) ESPN Suspends Jemele Hill For Two Weeks

DM72

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Thanks, Tucker, we'll take it from here

I don't understand why these boards were so supportive of Jemele. Is it because she bashed Jerry Jones and we were obligated to follow through because we were Redskins fans? She stirs too much **** for my liking.

She was always just annoying to me. I'm no Trump supporter, but I really don't need personal social/political opinion when I want sports commentary or commentator. 

It's pretty much all she brought, seemingly every day. Again, it was nauseating for me. There is plenty of diversity at ESPN and I'm not sure why I need to hear anybody's (white, black, purple or yellow)  political or social commentary (right or wrong)

17 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

I like her writing more than her television work

not sure there is a personality in sports that gets more grief than her, I don't know how she deals with it all (take 30 seconds and scan her mentions on any social media)

Black woman in a white male dominated game, that speaks on the not so comfy other side of the sports coin, as well as how it intertwines (and always has whether one likes it or not) with the real world, while giving not a shred of a damn at the same time ?.

Yeah, I can imagine

I remember in her early days on page 2 I felt that she was race-baiting with her articles. However, as time went on and my own perspectives changed, I began to appreciate her role writing for the site and her stances. She opened my eyes to a lot. 

Also, His/Hers was a great show/podcast and I always enjoyed her and Michael. 

ESPN is fairly rudderless and clueless so it’s not a surprise they botched this but I’m sure Jemele will be fine and land somewhere. I’d like to see her at the Ringer since they already do a lot of the more serious page 2 stuff along with pop culture and sports. 

Archived