Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Trade Snyder Sign" was unneccessary

OURYEAR#56

well to dan's defense....he did try and almost get Bobby B back but he bawlked then he DID hire a proven football guy in Marty and gave him GM control only to see him shove hall of famers larry centers and brian mitchell away AND tell Darrell G that he might even make the squad.....this season's results stem more from coaching(spurrier no balance , passing away in 4th with a lead instead of burning clock, helton's zone blocking while not using our pro bowl OT's to take their man in front of them, special teams ridiculous coaching, a rook in edwards) ......snyder patched many holes with studs(thomas,coles,hall....) and blew a lot of his own coin to just get railroaded by every fan for being an idiots....it ain't fair i tells ya :)

Originally posted by Om

Maybe that's it. I joined the list so long ago they're probably sending the e-mail to an account that's been dead longer than Bruce Smith's swim move.

What is interesting is I know some people that just signed up for the waitlist recently have been giving the same mailing. A little strange if you ask me.

Originally posted by Spear

Who did Ron Wolf ever draft?

It's not really who he drafted, its the entire personnel issue.

He is currently available, he is a Spurrier "fan" so to speak.

He built the packers from nothing to a sb winning team.

Does that mean he's the greatest GM ever? No, but he is a proven and available guy that Spurrier has worked with in the past and would no doubt like to work with now as apposed to Danny and the weird eye guy.

Bottom line.....................any idiot can open up their wallet, but as long as we keep hearing stories about "SS wanted this guy but danny wanted another" and other crap like that, we will keep on bringing up the bottom of the East

Ron Wolf traded for Brett Favre, and he drafted Matt Hasselbeck (6th round), Mark Brunnell (5th round) and Aaron Brooks (4th) and Donald Driver (7th). Other notables: Darren Sharper (2nd),Dorsey Levens (5th), Bryce Paup (6th), Mark Chmura (6th), Marco Rivera (6th), Adam Timmerman (7th), KGB (6th) and tons of others. The 1999 and 2000 drafts are very impressive top to bottom.

Dan has made some good picks. But I still think he needs a GM. But man he has some balls to go after Dockery in the Third round with Kelsay on the board. But that has worked out. Did you guys see the 2003 draft. It includes Coles 1st round, Jacobs 2nd round, Dockery 3rd round, Morton Forth, you know the rest. Give the man a chance to work his magic. He'll pull out a rabbit real soon.

Originally posted by OURYEAR#56

Dan has made some good picks. But I still think he needs a GM. But man he has some balls to go after Dockery in the Third round with Kelsay on the board. But that has worked out. Did you guys see the 2003 draft. It includes Coles 1st round, Jacobs 2nd round, Dockery 3rd round, Morton Forth, you know the rest. Give the man a chance to work his magic. He'll pull out a rabbit real soon.

Ouryear that right there is the problem, Coles and Morton were not our draft picks. We have not been able to draft for depth and need for the last 2 years. Name me one DT or DE that we have drafted?? Which has been the area of weakness now for years :doh:

Betts and Russel haven't played like a 2nd or 3rd round pick yet.

The bottom line is we can't keep using other teams for our draft picks or mel kiper's board, we need to find guys in the middle rounds to make some impact.

I agree with you JBOO. When we had Bethard we got the diamonds in the ruff. We had depth, but please don't act like we didn't get the Wilbur Marshalls, Matt Millens, etc of the NFL. We need to draft depth no doubt, but Snyder has done that. We have depth at the line and the WR, and RB's. The o is set. I can't wait for Danny Baby to focus on the D. You guys look for me at the parade.

We need to draft depth no doubt, but Snyder has done that. We have depth at the line and the WR, and RB's. The o is set. I can't wait for Danny Baby to focus on the D. You guys look for me at the parade.

No he hasn't, you don't have 2 #2's or a 3rd pick barely playing, this is unacceptable in the nfl today. Synder could have picked up some young DT's or DE's or even CB's and we would be a better team right now.

Ouryear remember the player or pick we gave to the Texans for the rights to DW??? Well he is now the #1 DT on that team :( Syder doesn't understand what you could give up by just giving away draft picks. He thinks that draft picks are like stock options. Yes you can get rid of them but they can also come back and haunt you. He doesn't understand to build a team is through the draft not the wallet. Yes you can get great players to play with money, but do you understand what happens when they play on the team, react to other players, etc..... He doesn't know any of that and that is what is killing us.

I know, trust me. But we are not the Texans. We have to win now, or have the potential to do so. I think we'll focus on depth once the primary pieces are in place. Next year Dan will focus on the D. And what do you think he'll do. Get the best players in the league that's what. I think he is coming to understand chemistry (which is a major componenet to winning) and the nuances that makes NFL teams successful. All I know is when he gets it right, their will be a lot more fans posting notes on this site.

I know, trust me. But we are not the Texans. We have to win now, or have the potential to do so. I think we'll focus on depth once the primary pieces are in place.

You can't win without depth, the NFL doesn't work that way. It takes a while to build a winner and this is a huge disconnect with Dan Snyder.

Originally posted by jbooma

Ouryear that right there is the problem, Coles and Morton were not our draft picks. We have not been able to draft for depth and need for the last 2 years. Name me one DT or DE that we have drafted?? Which has been the area of weakness now for years :doh:

Can you say Kenard Lang! He was not a first round pick!

Ouryear that right there is the problem, Coles and Morton were not our draft picks. We have not been able to draft for depth and need for the last 2 years. Name me one DT or DE that we have drafted?? Which has been the area of weakness now for years

Kenard Lang in the first round. He never panned out!

Kenard Lang wasn't Dan's pick. Chill out. The man has only been in the NFL for four years. He came in 1999. He is not responsible for our ten years of failure. I blame Kent Cooke Jr. for that. Sure Morton and Coles aren't our picks, but we traded our picks for them, and they have paid off. We will concentrate on depth next year. We did concentrate on depth with drafting Dockery and Jacobs. Look at the glass as half full. We now have a nucleus of players that are laerning to play together. None of them are studs. Even Ramsey can be replaced. What we have now is a coach, an owner that wants to win like Steinbrenner and Jones. We have the ingredients to make a run for a long time. Nect year we will get the depth.

Archived