Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Trade Snyder Sign" was unneccessary

OURYEAR#56

I can agree with that Wicked. I don't hate Snyder. I just think he needs to understand that this isn't working. Maybe there should be a change at the top? It hasn't worked since he started his GM career.

Here's another mind boggling Redskin fact.

Beathard wanted too much money...but we set the standard for coaching salaries at $5 mil a year for a person that hasn't even had one bit of success in the NFL. But we won't pay someone that has had success in the NFL? I'm confused?????

If I could make one change to the Redskins, it would be to have a better owner.

Sure, Snyder tries to spend his money on the team. But he also cuts the coach's authority. This team will not win until Snyder backs off and stops creating a problem for the coach, regardless as to who the coach is.

How can you truly judge Spurrier as a coach. He can't cut players he doesn't want, he can't have the players that he wants on his roster, Snyder allows the players to run to him when they are sad... boo hoo.

Snyder sucks as an owner.

please.

Snyder did offer the job.

Remember that Spurrier was offered 5mil and the offer on the table for Bobby was 500,000. AND there was the undertone of not allowing the man to do his job anyway.

With Wolf he wanted a piece of the team. In my mind he did that to ensure he would have a say so and not be undercut by a meddling snyder.

the point is moot.

carry on.

Originally posted by OURYEAR#56

Did you guys see this bullsh*t sign one of the Redskins faithful put up for the world to see. I was mad that fox kept showing the sign. Are the redskins the only team in the league that has a losing record? If not then why the hell are we riding the sh*t out of this guy. Atleast he's investing all the hard earned money he gets from ticket revenue in the product that counts the most....the team. What a bunch of miserable ****s.

No, other teams have losing records. No other team acted so brass and arrogant as Snyder and Supperior before the beginning of the season. Snyder is getting the sh@t ridden out of him because he has asked for it. And with regard to 'HARD EARNED MONEY'......well, I don't know where Snyder got his.....working, the lucky sperm club, I don't know, but his millions, make that billions, of investment dollars has purchased a losing team.....The only the thing miserable about Danny boys treatment is the way he EARNED his treatment.

Originally posted by Dr. D

please.

Snyder did offer the job.

It is obvious he didn't offer enough and may have said he still wanted some controll. He has the money, give up some of the ownership and it will be worth it. Stay out of the football decisions if you don't have a clue what you are doing :doh:

Originally posted by jbooma

He is also putting a lot in his pocket. If he cared about the team then he would hire someone that knew something about football to run it. All Snyder cares about his the bottom line, don't think differently.

At this point, I think fans have the right to say/write anything they want. Snyder's a big boy. He can take it. He's at least partially responsible for the product on the field for the past 10 years.

However, anyone who says he is not equally pained by whats happening on the field (whether he's turning a profit or not) just isn't being honest. He's as big a Redskins fan as anyone here. Its written all over his face.

If we want a GM then let's make a sign for it. But the "Trade Snyder Sign" really got to me. The man puts his heart and soul into trying to make us a winning team. He's even gone against the conventional methods of other NFL owners, and sacrificed a part of his own money to bring in a winning prioduct. All those huge signing bonuses comes out of his pocket. It's a risk paying Sanders, Smith, etc. If they don't pan out, then he's sh*t out of luck. If these players do live up to expectations then we love Dan Snyder. What a bunch of miserable mutha f*ckers. The man is doing everything in his power to help us win. In the last three games we have outgained our opponents, only to give up the lead in the forth quarter of each game. That's not Danny's fault. I think the poeple that dislike Danny have to understand that he's learning. Honestly I think we should celebrate Dan Snyder. He's a regular joe like the rest of us, that was smart enough to know when to sell his stocks in the company he built from the ground up. Dan Snyder is the embodiment of the American Dream. i love the fact he's a fighter that got knocked down, and know is owner of a team that is becoming "the story" of the NFL. I know we will always have a chance to succeed with Dan at the helm. How can you blame him for the Redskins short coming for the last ten years. Those who blame Dan for our troubles as a franchise are way off. Like I said we need NEW FANS.

I remember that Beathard bailed on overtures from Snyder because he was appalled at how shabbily he was treated, and I remember it really firmed up in my mind how much Snyder's hubris was going to hurt this team for a long time.

Snyder is like the late great Jack Kent Cooke in many ways. Like JKC he's got scads of money and is willing to spend it. Like JKC he truly wants to win, IMO. And like JKC he's a flaming assh*le with an ego the size of Montana. The way they differ though - Jack Kent Cooke didn't let his ego and arrogance get in the way of winning. Danny hasn't learned that trick yet.

Originally posted by OURYEAR#56

If we want a GM then let's make a sign for it. But the "Trade Snyder Sign" really got to me. The man puts his heart and soul into trying to make us a winning team. He's even gone against the conventional methods of other NFL owners, and sacrificed a part of his own money to bring in a winning prioduct. All those huge signing bonuses comes out of his pocket. It's a risk paying Sanders, Smith, etc. If they don't pan out, then he's sh*t out of luck. If these players do live up to expectations then we love Dan Snyder. What a bunch of miserable mutha f*ckers. The man is doing everything in his power to help us win. In the last three games we have outgained our opponents, only to give up the lead in the forth quarter of each game. That's not Danny's fault. I think the poeple that dislike Danny have to understand that he's learning. Honestly I think we should celebrate Dan Snyder. He's a regular joe like the rest of us, that was smart enough to know when to sell his stocks in the company he built from the ground up. Dan Snyder is the embodiment of the American Dream. i love the fact he's a fighter that got knocked down, and know is owner of a team that is becoming "the story" of the NFL. I know we will always have a chance to succeed with Dan at the helm. How can you blame him for the Redskins short coming for the last ten years. Those who blame Dan for our troubles as a franchise are way off. Like I said we need NEW FANS.

Can you relinquish your lips from his jock now? Thank you! :laugh:

This is just a joke for the people that don't have a sense of humor.

Originally posted by jbooma

He is also putting a lot in his pocket. If he cared about the team then he would hire someone that knew something about football to run it. All Snyder cares about his the bottom line, don't think differently.

Has he put the 800+ million in addition to payroles and maintainince cost in his pocket? I doubt it, and he still is forkin $ out to keep this team up.

What do you want him to do, spend more? Or just be the owner who decides to spend the most, but charge the least? Come on, that doesn't make sence. And don't blame a loosing season on an owner who is tryin.

Hey Kilmer, maybe you can answer the question I've posed at least 5 times now, and nobody has yet to even take a stab at.

When Snyder hired Spurrier, it was with the clear and stated intention of hiring a GM as well, to help ease his transition to the NFL. I've previously posted a WP article from the time that supports that ... and could probably come up with a long laundry list of similar ones if pressed.

So ... let's for a moment just assume that Snyder's "offers" to Wolf and Beathard were really and truly his best, most sincere offer, and that those two unreasonable gentlemen just simply didn't see it that way so Dan had to back off in the best interests of his team.

And let's say Snyder is in "the right" on those two guys.

So ... what's happened since?

That was a year and a half ago.

Are Wolf and Beathard the only two guys qualified for the job?

At some point, Snyder decided that he'd changed his mind about hiring a GM -- in contravention of what he apparentlyl had told Spurrier -- and in the year and a half since his flirtations with Wolf and Beathard, there has been not an official peep from the organization that that is even a possibility any more.

Instead ... they've extended Cerrato's contract.

So I ask, one more time ... what happened?

Originally posted by panel

What do you want him to do, spend more? Or just be the owner who decides to spend the most, but charge the least? Come on, that doesn't make sence. And don't blame a loosing season on an owner who is tryin.

He is trying to hard, and is letting his emotions get in the way which is the first rule you don't let happen in business.

Then how do you explain the letter he has sent to everyone on the waiting list asking for money for a deposit when there are no available seats?? He is trying to suck more money from us and why should we pay?? He has not given us anything worth paying for right now.

Archived