Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Madden 19 Thread (Xbox One, PS4 and PC)

From what I've seen mut is an absolute grind.  But there are coins to be made.  Gauntlet looks to be the most profitable early on from solos.  Mut champions or whatever it is this year also gives a guaranteed elite and 20k coins if you can get 4 wins.  

12 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

From what I've seen mut is an absolute grind.  But there are coins to be made.  Gauntlet looks to be the most profitable early on from solos.  Mut champions or whatever it is this year also gives a guaranteed elite and 20k coins if you can get 4 wins.  

It's always a grind, especially for some of the sets, seems damn near impossible to get some players without dropping money and buying packs.  But like I said, I was able to get a team to 96/97 overall without spending a dime last year and I did start later than I normally would (May) and it took about 4 months.  

If you go through the guantlet (all 60 challenges), then do the weekly solos, etc.  you will start getting tons of coin to use to buy cards off the market.  And don't overspend for one card.  Time is your friend, let the mass hordes dump real money into buying a gazillion packs then putting cards on the auction house, sooner than later, there will be tons of the same card and the price comes down.

Heck, I only did the guantlet through the first 10 matches on the first set of challenges, after that with the coin I had gotten from the walkthrough challenges I was able to snag an 80 overall QB and CB from the auction house using buy now.  This is the first year I'll probably focus almost 100% of my time to MUT and league play.  Don't think I'll spend much time at all on H2H ranked.  

Now, I did buy the GOAT edition on each system to get early access (started playing a little at midnight last night), but it also gave me 12 MUT packs to use, bonus!  

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

It's always a grind, especially for some of the sets, seems damn near impossible to get some players without dropping money and buying packs.  But like I said, I was able to get a team to 96/97 overall without spending a dime last year and I did start later than I normally would (May) and it took about 4 months.  

If you go through the guantlet (all 60 challenges), then do the weekly solos, etc.  you will start getting tons of coin to use to buy cards off the market.  And don't overspend for one card.  Time is your friend, let the mass hordes dump real money into buying a gazillion packs then putting cards on the auction house, sooner than later, there will be tons of the same card and the price comes down.

Heck, I only did the guantlet through the first 10 matches on the first set of challenges, after that with the coin I had gotten from the walkthrough challenges I was able to snag an 80 overall QB and CB from the auction house using buy now.  This is the first year I'll probably focus almost 100% of my time to MUT and league play.  Don't think I'll spend much time at all on H2H ranked.  

Now, I did buy the GOAT edition on each system to get early access (started playing a little at midnight last night), but it also gave me 12 MUT packs to use, bonus!  

Don't tell anyone but I bought GOAT too.  Will still consider myself no money spent :) 

6 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

Don't tell anyone but I bought GOAT too.  Will still consider myself no money spent :) 

Out of those free packs included with the early access, I pulled four elites (one on offense, three on defense).  One thing I've noticed, some of the gold/elite players I have are slow as **** and the no name bronze/silver ones are faster.  Kind of annoying, but I'm sure it will balance out as time goes on and I upgrade.  

I'm really going to miss unranked draft champions as if you won it all (4 games) it gave you one ticket.  And it cost only 3 tickets for ranked draft champions which gave you better rewards.  Not sure how I'm gonna get tickets this year as I don't know what game mode(s) will have them as a reward.

There is still draft championz...its in the mut under drsft...costs 5 tickets now. I pulled a few elites...joe Staley giov Bernard twice and Cole Beasley. Fits what i will be doing which is offense heavy while my boy is doing defense heavy. I'll eventually get to rounding it out but early on it's what the tactic is. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Didnt like it at all.  Im a decent madden player.  I won the first super bowl the ES had a few years ago.  I play on all madden, and set all sliders to 70.  8 minute quarters.  

Dbs have their back to you, throw an out, before you release the button the db has undercut the route and its 6 the other way.  Insert comebacks, posts, digs etc.  

Cant run the ball at all.  

i won maybe 1 out of 5 games vs cpu.  Online was just cheese after cheese after cheese.  Just an infuriating experience.    

Im glad you guys like it.  I broke a controller lol

• 2 months later...

This mut like crack man working on grinding my way though solo challenges. Team's pretty alright 75 ovr got Jonathan Allen and Kendall fuller. 

Longshot is good for getting veteran mut cards. 84 Devin Wade, 84 colt cruise... And 80 Michael Irvin harvest ?

46 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

This mut like crack man working on grinding my way though solo challenges. Team's pretty alright 75 ovr got Jonathan Allen and Kendall fuller. 

Longshot is good for getting veteran mut cards. 84 Devin Wade, 84 colt cruise... And 80 Michael Irvin harvest ?

You need to link your twitch prime account (or create one) to your PS4 through madden so you get free players every Friday.  All are 83 overall and you also get one token each week to upgrade one of your choice.  Takes five tokens to upgrade each card so pick wisely.  But it upgrades them to 90 overall.

also do the weekly challenges with the legends card they give you.  It upgrades to an 84/85+ overall.

and try to do the solo and weekly challenges for whatever theme they have like out of position players.  I was able to get a 93 Vick and choose between HB or CB.  I went CB due to his 94 speed.

so far my team is 87 overall, almost 88.  

Honestly you gotta find a way to hustle without spending money. Mind you, the game is built on micro's so as you get higher level packs the goodies start to cost points instead of coins..now im guilty i have bought them. Ive maybe spent 60 dollars throughout this mut. My team is 92 ovr with a 93 off amd 91 defense. My brother has a 93 defense so we run squads heavy and absolutely demolish people unless i have a terrible game. Ive built my team to be run heavy so all i got to be is rookie russell due to the way we play defense locks down 99% of people. If you want some pointers on how to hustle pm me

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2018 at 5:28 AM, ixcuincle said:

Yeah I try not to spend anything on it, I know that most of these modes have become pay to play so I'm just trying to get a good team here with all t he coins I grinded. 

Another thing you can do to make easy coin is create a new profile on your PS4, register that email address for a new EA account in Madden, then basically start the challenges over again.  Just doing the first set of challenges and the first Madden Rank challenge (at rank 7), I'm sitting at 25K coin already and that was just after a couple of hours.  Once you can do the Gauntlet solo challenges, there is well over 125K in that.  

Then on your main account, go to the auction house, set the filters to an overall < 60, pick a kicker or punter and there should be minimal cards, last night when I looked there were 5 total.  Buy it for the 200-300 coin, the put it up for auction and set the buy it now price for the amount of coin you have on your alt account/profile.  Hop on that account, go to the auction house, buy the card from your other account and it will transfer the money basically.  Sure there is an auction house fee, but it helps get you huge chunks of coin transferred over, with minimal effort.  

problem I'm having now is I need to be getting players ranked above 90 and when you start getting up there, like above 91, they start getting expensive.  I'm sitting at 140K on my main account now,  already qualified for the knockout weekend tourny, so going to focus on grinding my alt account the rest of this week.  My goal is to get at least 500K before I spend it on anything.  Hell, maybe even 1 million coin.  It might take a month, but by then more higher overall cards will be out and the lower 90s should come a tad cheaper, then I can start upgrading and have some wiggle room.

• 6 months later...

Archived