Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN - Orlando shooting: workplace fatalities reported - BREAKING NEWS

SemperFi Skins

(CNN)Police are investigating a "multiple fatality" shooting at a business headquarters in Orlando, Florida, according to Capt. Angelo Nieves with the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

Officers gather in an industrial district of suburban Orlando, where multiple fatalities have been reported.

Officers gather in an industrial district of suburban Orlando, where multiple fatalities have been reported.
The sheriff's office calls the situation "contained and stable," says CNN affiliate TV station WFTV. Police are not searching for an active shooter, the station says.
The location is an industrial area in suburban Orlando, northeast of downtown.
Forsyth Road was closed near Hanging Moss Road, WFTV reports.
Police officers are gathered in a parking lot outside several warehouses.

Read More
Almost a year ago, Orlando was the site of the nation's worst terror attack since 9/11. On June 12, 2016, a gunman killed 49 people at the Pulse nightclub.

23 hours ago, justice98 said:

It's always weird when a specific fatal shooting gets a lot of attention.  What's so special about this one?

it's old hat nowadays. Not worth reporting any more unless the numbers surpass the Pulse shooting.

Did he just walk through the front door or something?  I've had a couple people (and I'm one of them) that want our front door locked so people have to buzzed in.  I imagine disgruntled employees would be met at the door, if at all, and this comes to mind because some random person accusing my co-worker of stealing their cell phone made it all the way to my manager's office without someone stopping them.  I try not to think about it, but we are unnecessarily wide open to something like that.

Edit:  What happened to our mass shooting thread?  I was actually kinda happy to see it disappear.

Archived