Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Undrafted Rookie Free Agent Tracker Thread (UPDATED 5/16)

TSO

Thanks SIP for the piece on Kalis.  I'm a little bit more reassured that the Skins might have some depth at Guard/Bkp-C position now.  He'll be the one I'm hoping makes the roster.  He seemed very mature and dedicated to learning his craft.  Might become a great pick up for the Skins.

Great news, we've officially signed LB Nico Marley! Was hoping he'd make it, he's a ton of fun to watch. 

Will update OP. I believe that puts our roster at exactly the 90 limit now. 

Talk about the ultimate diamond in the rough with Tevin Homer. Either that or FAU is worst of all time in making their student athletes sound impressive.

Bio includes bullet points like:

"Recorded a solo tackle vs WKU"

and

"Saw action vs. ball state"

I love players that have seen some action.

21 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Talk about the ultimate diamond in the rough with Tevin Homer. Either that or FAU is worst of all time in making their student athletes sound impressive.

Bio includes bullet points like:

"Recorded a solo tackle vs WKU"

and

"Saw action vs. ball state"

I love players that have seen some action.

- Suited up in several games

- Keeps locker organized

- Played several snaps during opponent's victory formation

46 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

- He's actually the Athletic Director's kid.

Wonder if he bought young Tevin a tryout spot for an NFL team too...

I've seriously never seen a prospect with less info on them. I mean I know late bloomers exist, but you think he would have at least cracked the starting lineup at FAU of all schools at least to be getting a shot at the NFL level.

Has anyone ever seen a special teams only player in college pull off something like this? Am I in the twilight zone? Anthony Mix is alive and well gentleman 

Not sure if this question belongs in this thread, however, is this the deepest roster  we've had since Snyder has taken over? I want 4 of these UDFA to be on the 53 but it will be TOUGH. Competition fuels success, I just hope our current FO keeps building upon what Scot sought out; A football team that you simply don't look forward to playing against. I have loved the guys we have brought in this offseason and feel more confident in this team winning on any given sunday than ever before (Born '93). Do I think that translates into 10+ wins? Not necessarily, we have a difficult schedule. But, there isn't a game on there where I feel like we can't take care of business

Some PFF info on Marley.

• As a senior in the AAC, Tulane LB Nico Marley led his team with 88 total tackles, including 14 for loss, and three sacks.
  •  
  • Despite his size (only 5-foot-8), Marley was highly productive at inside linebacker, playing 49 games in his career at Tulane. He accumulated 319 tackles, 50.5 tackles for loss, 6.5 sacks and four interceptions.
  •  
  • Marley finished fifth among 2017 draft eligible AAC inside linebackers in total solo tackles, with 75. His 12 total QB pressures ranked sixth among AAC ILBs.
  •  
  • He graded well in coverage last season as his coverage grade of 83.8 ranked him 10th among all draft eligible linebackers in 2016.
  •  
  • Marley allowed just 0.50 yards per snap in coverage, ranking him 13th among all draft eligible inside linebackers, and fourth among those who were drafted. If his skills translate to the pro-level, he could compete for the nickel linebacker spot which will be vacated by Su’a Cravens as he moves to strong safety this season.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-washington-signs-lb-nico-marley-after-tryout/

26 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Some PFF info on Marley.

•  
  • Despite his size (only 5-foot-8), Marley was highly productive at inside linebacker, playing 49 games in his career at Tulane. He accumulated 319 tackles, 50.5 tackles for loss, 6.5 sacks and four interceptions.
  •  
  • Marley finished fifth among 2017 draft eligible AAC inside linebackers in total solo tackles, with 75. His 12 total QB pressures ranked sixth among AAC ILBs.
  •  
  • He graded well in coverage last season as his coverage grade of 83.8 ranked him 10th among all draft eligible linebackers in 2016.
  •  
  • Marley allowed just 0.50 yards per snap in coverage, ranking him 13th among all draft eligible inside linebackers, and fourth among those who were drafted. If his skills translate to the pro-level, he could compete for the nickel linebacker spot which will be vacated by Su’a Cravens as he moves to strong safety this season.

Man, maybe I'm wrong about how early he could contribute on defense. I just wonder how his size will hold up against NFL caliber athletes. Its a huge step up compared to what he saw at Tulane. He can be the best coverage LB in football but if he can't get off blocks and gets blown up by guards at the 2nd level in the running game, it doesn't really matter much.

Can't help but let it remind me of how puzzling the release of Steven Daniels was. One of my only issues with this offseason. He had similar grades from PFF coming out of BC and while he too was undersized, was still bigger than Nico and was a thumper inside. Maybe Nico can find success if he is able to use his quickness/speed to avoid blockers all-together?

Love this kid more and more though. So easy to root for.

7 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

Dare I say it: 

Championship! :movefast:

Maybe not championship, but certainly paloffs.

5 hours ago, Butters20 said:

- Practice squad War Daddy

- Constantly cheering his teammates

- Father donated to the program

- Has photographs key people don't want released

- Knows where the bodies are buried

- Has password to key school systems that no one else can figure out

Archived