Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does another Superbowl win cement Tom Brady as the GOAT?

bobandweave

466 yards, 2 TDs/1int.........down 25 points in the 3rd qtr.........where teams leading by 19 points or more in the playoffs were 93-0......The GOAT leads them back to tie and force OT and wins.  Anyone that tries to dispute that Brady is the one and only GOAT is nothing but a troll at this point.  

93-0.......now 93-Brady.  

/endthread

Honestly, even if they had gone down in this game, he would still be in the discussion. But after watching what I just saw, I don't know how anyone can say he's not the GOAT. He's so calm even when they are down. Even when he makes a bad throw for a pick 6. Even when his WRs drop a passes. Even down by 3 scores in the 4th quarter and he just methodically  works them down the field. There is no rush and no panic. I guarantee you that 99% of Pats fans were panicking and yelling at the TV telling them to hurry in the 4th. But he doesn't panic. He just does what he does and leads the team to 4 straight scoring drives to win the SB.

19 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

Honestly, even if they had gone down in this game, he would still be in the discussion. But after watching what I just saw, I don't know how anyone can say he's not the GOAT. He's so calm even when they are down. Even when he makes a bad throw for a pick 6. Even when his WRs drop a passes. Even down by 3 scores in the 4th quarter and he just methodically  works them down the field. There is no rush and no panic. I guarantee you that 99% of Pats fans were panicking and yelling at the TV telling them to hurry in the 4th. But he doesn't panic. He just does what he does and leads the team to 4 straight scoring drives to win the SB.

He's an artist. The world is his canvas

And yeah, I'd recommend that anyone still in doubt of his GOAT-ness seek help immediately.

29 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

466 yards, 2 TDs/1int.........down 25 points in the 3rd qtr.........where teams leading by 19 points or more in the playoffs were 93-0......The GOAT leads them back to tie and force OT and wins.  Anyone that tries to dispute that Brady is the one and only GOAT is nothing but a troll at this point.  

93-0.......now 93-Brady.  

/endthread

agreed. most of my friends I was around tonight are diehard patriots fans. they were angry in the 4th quarter, but they still had hope. out of the other 3 people that were watching with us, 1 of them lives in Atlanta, so obviously a falcons fan, and the other 2 were rooting against the patriots (one of them a jets fan). I was just hoping for a good game. but to bring the patriots back from down 25...that is something else. definitely the greatest QB to ever play the game. after tonight, mad respect to him and the patriots.

I think adding the greatest SB comeback ever to the list of achievements puts him over the top. 

I still think it's really tough to compare generations, though.  What would Sonny have looked like in today's NFL? Or Unitis?  Or some of the greats of the past?

Brady is definitely the best of the "modern" era.  Maybe 80's through today.  I've always said you can have multiple GOATs, because it's impossible to compare generations. 

Give him his props, though.  Dude is unbelievable. 

Archived