Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I hate this team.

Kelvin Bryant

well Art,

I must say that we have in fact lived with consistency here. COnsistently losing big games (er important...winnable ones).

How often can we get excited in august, only to be dissapointed again come (NOVEMBEr?).

lets face it; there are few coaches that can MAKE professional athletes play smart, cohesively, and error-free. All the power lives with the players these days....

it will only get worse as the gap widens....

They just wear me out emotionally. So bad I want them to succeed and all is for not. I just try to look at the bright things, Hassellback played well, we ran and threw he ball very well against that defence. Ricky didnt have a super game, most of his yards came in the last 6 mins of the game. I just hope we dont fire Spurrier

I don't hate the team. I love them. That's why this season (and the last 4 or 5 seasons) have been so painful.

I rooted for the Buffalo Bills through back-to-back 2-14 seasons in the mid-1980s. And I rooted for them through the glory years of four consecutive AFC Championships. And I rooted for them through four consecutive Super Bowl losses.

As a Skins fan for the last 10 years, I'm prepared to see them through these lean years.

Originally posted by Kelvin Bryant

In fact, the only way the last two games make any sense whatsoever is if you view them not as sporting events at all, but as viciously sadistic attacks on Redskins fans. If a team of scientists sat down and scripted games to inflict the maximum pain on every citizen who bleeds Burgandy and Gold, they really couldn't do any better.

We're all lab rats in a sick, hideous experiment. Over and over we push the food bar, and wait hopefully, twitching our little pink noses. Then yet another electrical shock sends us dancing madly around our cages...

Actually, the Dallas game was the experiment. The scientists just had so much fun with that one, that the lab assistants have taken us home.

It hurts but at least when they win whenever that is I can always say i was there through the rough times not just the good time that is what makes us real fans. Bandwagon fans just ride every team that is good and never want to feel there team lose just ride the highs.

This must be the price we pay for the Gibbs years... the awful payback for the night Joe dropped to his knees on that last, desperate pass by the 49ers and sold his immortal soul to have Darrell Green tip it away

It was the Vikings actually. One of my favorite Redskin moments. 1987 feels like it was 1927 :(

Art, how many years have we thought we have had a good foundation? THAT is what is so frustrating. I can take a loss, but based on Redskins history, there is no reason to think we will improve next season. NONE.

Couldn't agree more. NO reason to feel good about next year , pretty much no matter what the off-season brings. We could get Jason Taylor and Kris Jenkins, and I'd expect them to suck here. Just the place we are in right now-- I'll believe it when I see it.

It' s sad how some of you turn on them like this. I get as frustrated and depressed as anyone but if you look at the way we can play, all we need to do is eliminate these mistakes and we'll have a nasty team next year. Spurriers third year will pay off. All of you that just want to talk trash and hate on the Skins' should be hanging out on Dallas websites, not this one.

Blah, blah, blah..........same excuse year after year. "If this" and "if that." If my uncle had boobs, he'd be my aunt.......

They just wear me out emotionally

Here, here!

It does suck, I feel like that old faithful dog that keeps getting kicked by his owner over and over again. I think it was best said in the movie Titanic, "were dressed in our best and we will go down with the ship". I will meet all the Skins faithful at the bar as we listen to the band play on, and we all sink into the night...

At least with last years team you knew a loss was a loss and a win was a win. This year I just keep getting my heart ripped out. I hurt. God I hurt right now.

See the grass is always greener...

In recent years when we were getting smoked by teams week in and week out (1998, 2001 as examples) I used to look at games around the league and wish we could be a team that at least gave our fans a reason to watch the game into the 4th quarter. Now, the majority of our games could go either way and we've won almost half of them.

As Art said, yes the foundation has been there so on the surface it seems like we should have learned to win by now. But you learn to win under a coach...and we've had 4 since the start of that year....

Now, I am not saying that next year is "our year" because I've said that too many times since Snyder bought the team. But I do think that we need to look around with some perspective. We play exciting and close games and we're competitive. At least twice in the past 5 years, we haven't been able to say that.

There goes the alarm and it's a new day. Looks pretty good out the window... warm, bright, just a bit breezy.

Great football weather. OWW! Wow, what was that? A sharp stabbing pain, somewhere near the heart...

Sick? No... Hangover??

No, I only had a couple of beers last night while I was watching the... watching the...... AIIIEEEE!!!!.

And now the warmth and color drains from the morning, leaving cold, blue horror in its place.

Truly, there is no joy in Mudville...

*We blew that lead cause someone does not know how to field a freakin punt.*

We were actually behind at that point, but it just doesn't matter.

Even if Johnson catches that ball, the only question left is which gruesome event shambles forth to destroy the Skins' hopes. Blindside hit and a fumble? Four consecutive holding penalities? Missed QB exchange? Offensive pass interference? Blocked FG attempt? Make the FG with 19 seconds left and give up a TD on the kickoff??

Rest assured that if Coles had broken three tackles on a slant and was streaking across the 5 yard line, a meteor would have fallen from the sky to obliterate him at the 2 as time, and Coles, expired. Thank God it didn't come to that.

Originally posted by pauldeluxe

I rooted for the Buffalo Bills through back-to-back 2-14 seasons in the mid-1980s. And I rooted for them through the glory years of four consecutive AFC Championships. And I rooted for them through four consecutive Super Bowl losses.

As a Skins fan for the last 10 years, I'm prepared to see them through these lean years.

Dude, how can you changeup so easily? You can plant me in the middle of Dallas and still be a Skins fan. Not trying to dis you and I apologize if I offend you. I just don't know how people can switch teams unless you were a Bills fan as a young kid.

Actually, I'm still very much a Bills fan. My heart's been breaking with them the past few years.

But it's hard to be a Bills fan in Redskin country, because I just don't get to watch them every week. I don't have the satellite TV package, so the games I see are the Skins and the Ravens. I have no interest in the Ravens, so I've become a Skins fan.

I'll always follow Buffalo and participate in their discussion boards and I'll watch them when I can. But without seeing the games every week, there's only so excited I can be about them.

Originally posted by Art

The foundation has been there since 2000. The consistency hasn't been. And therefore the ability to perform hasn't been and what you get is the team we're seeing now. Moments of fluidity erased by moments of confusion.

We're clearly not a good team. We haven't been anything but an average team for several years. This year we may actually be a bad to terrible team as it is not totally unlikely that this team will just collapse down the stretch, especially if we decide to put Ramsey on the shelf.

Even in the face of questionable coaching and preparation of players this year, I am hopeful we realize this team is not in desperate need of an overhaul either in the coaching staff -- though parts could be improved -- or the personnel -- though parts can be improved. If there IS a three-year plan in place, let's see it finished and see how things shape up.

Well said Art. This team is just a few plays shy of being a darn good football team. I said last year that we needed to bring in the offensive players this year to give them a year to gell, and the defensive players (D line) this upcoming offseason to finish the job of rebuilding. although I was begining to have my doubts, you can see the offense is starting to come together. In each of our losses it seems like one more defensive stop could have made the difference. I think we can find the defensive players this offseason that can make the difference and our offense will naturaly get better in Ramsey's third year. I would like to see us grab one very good FA and one high draft pick for the D line. That is a priority. After that, I'm thinking we have some tough calls. RB, TE, and a weak side LB could all use a look. But this team is not far away from being playoff calibre no matter how fustrating this year has been. Just stick to the plan and don't panic and we make the playoffs in a big way next year. Bank on it.

Archived