Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Trump Does East Asia Thread

FanboyOf91

6 hours ago, visionary said:

NK successfully launches what they claim is an ICBM.  

Trump issues a tweet in which he asks whether NK President doesn't have something more important to do.  

Edit:  Although, given the circumstances, I'm pretty sure that there were lots of dumber things that he could have done.  

I don't truly fear North Korea having long range nukes anymore than I do many other nations. I mean they are crazy, but not suicidal. It does change the game though. Diplomacy becomes even more important. That, is the worry. Trump already declared that the era of diplomacy with North Korea has failed, has made line in the sand threats, has an unfilled State Department, and the people he filled it are not statesmen. This is not a good recipe.

Again, I don't think we're in danger of mushroom clouds, but it does make everything so very much harder.

31 minutes ago, visionary said:

Wonder why Russia would oppose sanctions?  Just general opposition to the US?  Don't like the word "sanctions"?  

Also wondering who the eff proposed military action against them.  

(Although I'll confess, my thoughts have gone there, myself.  Elements of wanting to show them we're really not scared of their country, and a belief that there's going to be a military confrontation some day, so it would be better to get it out of the way now, when we can pick the timing, and before they get even more dangerous.)  

Archived