Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Trump Does East Asia Thread

FanboyOf91

23 minutes ago, visionary said:

Opening from the article:  

WASHINGTON/UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - The Trump administration appears to be granting Chinese banks dealing with North Korea a temporary reprieve from threatened U.S. sanctions to give Beijing time to show it is serious about enforcing new U.N. steps against Pyongyang, U.S. officials said.

The White House has also held off on much-anticipated trade action against China after Beijing backed U.N. Security Council sanctions passed on Saturday, although it is unclear how long President Donald Trump will delay this given domestic pressures to make good on campaign promises to crack down on unfair trade practices.

Washington has made clear it is reluctant, for the moment, to take steps that would antagonize China when its cooperation is needed to tighten the screws on its ally and neighbor North Korea over its nuclear and missile programs.

I don't necessarily have a problem with that.  in fact, it might be a really good deal.  

Given my opinion of this administration, I'm not sure I'd bet that way.  But I'm certainly willing to not attack it just yet.  

1 hour ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Merkel: "you're on your own, bud"

Oh, I guarantee a military solution is possible.  We could probably kill every person in NK within a few months, without using nukes.  

How many other people NK will kill, during those months could be really impressive. I assume that the use of nukes by NK would be pretty much a given.  Amd they could kill huge numbers, even without them.  

Whether China would intervene to prevent the US from doing that, would also be really nice to know.  

6 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Twitter? :) 

4 hours ago, visionary said:

Now that's a smart move.  

Provoke a ****-measuring contest with a nuclear-armed NK, (a country where China is the only nation to have influence), at the same time you initiate a trade war with China.  

Archived