Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar

StevieInferior

Lavar, IMO, as well as anyone on the defense, has a right to be irate with Edwards.

How many 3rd downs were we in a zone and Mushan Muhammad catches for a first?

The man had over 189 yds receiving. He should of be keyed on, especially on third downs, after he hit his first 3 frist down receptions.

I think youth got us in this case in the coaching ranks.

However, I have noticed that Edwards learns well from his mistakes. He doesn't make the same ones too often from game to game. That is promising, very promising.

Guys...guys....guys...

Lavar has been one of the most costly victims of Snyder's inability to maintain a DC for more than one year.

Every friggin' year, Lavar has to adapt, change, think about this differently, think about that. It's not his fault that his coaching has no consistency. Now, you might say that Edwards' system is similar to Lewis', etc., but it's still different.

Each year, he has to try and recreate chemistry w/ a new DC, and learn the system all over again. What he needs is a DC to stick around and work w/ Lavar and create an atmosphere where he can play the game to his potential.

Because Lavar is the best defensive player the skins have had in some time, and if we can't keep him happy, he will be gone.

And the team that he goes to will ultimately give him a great environment to grow in... he will come back to haunt us.

So don't talk smack about the best defensive player the skins have.

Originally posted by UtahRedskins

However, I have noticed that Edwards learns well from his mistakes. He doesn't make the same ones too often from game to game.

Forgot about two weeks of bootleg plays, didn't you.:rolleyes:

While LaVar is talented and a beast, he in NEVER happy with the defense coordinator or scheme.

I'd dangle LaVar as trade bait and see what the possibilities are.

We have too many "stars" on the defensive side of the ball, we need lunch pail guys that aren't after the glam life and just do their job.

I don't think Code is that crazy at all.

Personally I don't believe we can have both Trotter and Lavar on the field because they share too many of the same weaknesses, particularly overpursuit. We need somebody to stay in position and not blow his assignments. After dominating the first few weeks of the season, they are now getting consistently fooled on game-changing plays by bootlegs, screens, etc.

Lavar is getting sick of losing, and his monstrous cap figures mean if he doesn't want to stay, he can force our hand by refusing to negotiate. If Davis wasn't worth 11m, Lavar is not worth 9m or so (whatever the upcoming figure is).

Besides, Riggo, it's not his fault the defense is struggling.

And yeah, he makes some mistakes, and he overpursues occassionally, but he's human; all players make mistakes.

Lavar runs around every game w/ a friggin' target on his chest; the opposing team usually assigns two guys to take him out if the play. And he plays through that.

The answer is not all these new players; that's been proven in the past few offseasons. The answer is team chemistry...a vital part of a winning team. We have to create a 'sense of team.'

The players are there, particularly w/ Lavar.

Not trade Lavar is some other team is willing to grossly overpay for him? That's smoking crack.

Are you people saying that if Arizona offered their next 5 number 1 picks, their next 5 number 2 picks, and offered to pay all of Lavars cap hit next year you wouldnt trade him?

Nobody is saying we should just can him. But it's crazy to say he is untradeable.

Kilmer summed up my sentiment... I never said get rid of him at all cost, I said dangle him as trade bait and see if there is a deal we can't turn down.

I would love to have a killer d line. LaVar is overrated. He doen't follow his assignments, he's always got a problem with whomever his boss is.

I wouldn't give him away, but if someone wants to give away the fort for him... I'm there.

Again, Kilmer, I really don't think personnel is the issue. Sure we're thin at certain areas, but so are other teams that get it done.

The difference is chemistry, and Lavar needs to stay.

This whole FA explosion the NFL is undergoing presents a very interesting conflict- get the best talent, or maintain and create a tight-knit group of players?

Look at the Eagles. McNabb is not the best QB, their receivers are never pro-bowl bound, but yet, for the past few years, they have been a great team becuase of their chemistry.

That's the main ingredient to making a solid super bowl run.

One more thing, Code...

Lavar is not overrated. He is a great player.

The defense needs continuity, not the possibility of new personnel.

Just the thought/talk of Lavar going on to the market would create a lot of bad feelings in the organization.

Bad idea.

But, you guys are free to think what you want! I just don't agree.

Bad analogy. The Eagles have ben changing personell at WR and RB for 4 years now.

WRs- Na Brown, Charles Johnson, Torrance Small, Thrash Mitchell, Pinkston, The ex packer whose name escapes me, McMullen, countless TEs. And more RBs than we have.

I'd love to keep Lavar in B&G forever, but I bet their were a bunch of Cowboy fans who wanted Herschel Walker forever too.

OK, good point. Maybe not the Eagles.

I guess what I mean is that they are good regardless of the caliber of their players.

When McNabb went down last year, I was sure their season was over.

But...Detmer comes in and leads his team. Then, he gets injured. Feely comes in and leads his team. That's the kind of continuity I mean, and that's the kind of chemistry that wins ball games.

Freak... LaVar is not a great player... he could be with his talent, but he is nowhere close to being great. He hurts the team constantly with his free lancing AND... continuity you say??? LaVar hated it when Marty was here, he hated Lewis, now he hates it with Edwards... what gives, is he coachable at all??

Do we have to get a special LaVar coach that does exactly what LaVar says so he can finally be great?

Originally posted by KINGBRICE_28

just like marvin he's making arrington play DE......arrington doesn't like doing that very often.....if he wants to blitz he will....in college he was a roamer and he feels in the nfl he should be to....

So basically, LaVar is only happy if he is able to do only what he wants...??

I'd rather have a guy that enjoys doing what the coach asks of him.

Archived