Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Brexit Thread

No Excuses

9 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Eh ... you need to ask the folks who didn't vote in this poll. i.e. the ones who aren't currently part of the Republic of Ireland.

Confused me as well, although Northern Ireland did vote to remain 55%, I don't know if that would push enough people towards unification.   As per the Good Friday Agreement, the UK should allow for a referedum to be called in Northern Ireland which would honor a simple majority deciding to leave.  Ironically it should be easier for N Ireland to leave than Scotland.  Apparently a substantial majority in N Ireland wants to remain in the UK, otherwise you would have Sinn Fein among others calling for this referedum long ago.  I can't find any poll numbers either before or after Brexit though. 

Personally if I was in Scotland or N Ireland and supported remaining in the EU while considering voting for leaving the UK, I would wait until the dust settles wrt France and the Netherlands.   If there was a Frexit or a Netherexit (ok that last one is silly), the whole EU might implode making a reunification for the sole purpose of remaining in the EU moot.