Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AJE: Why the Philippine 'Punisher' could be president

visionary

Been talking to various family and friends and it's shocking how many like and don't mind this guy. 

I guess you just have to remember how the Philippines is close to being a failed state because of corruption. Duterte passes for some sort of progress. Not for me, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The sick irony is that during the same speech where he spoke of personally killing drug offenders, he himself admitted to abusing prescription drugs. He took over four times the prescribed dosageof fentanyl   prescribed to him.  So maybe he should have shot himself in the head while he was riding around on that motorbike murdering drug suspects.

1 hour ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

How important is the Philippines to us strategically? Is simply telling them to **** off and kick rocks a non starter?

Its fairly important. We can base operations out there if we ever had to do anything in Asia and the South Pacific. Deep water ports and good airfields are available. 

He pulled the old "I pay your salary" line.

Mr. Duterte, a populist who has made international headlines for his tough talk, attacked Mr. al-Hussein without mentioning him by name during a news conference on Thursday in Manila, the capital.

“You idiot, you do not tell me what to do,” he said. “Your understanding of international law is lacking. We are the ones contributing to the United Nations. You morons! You sons of whores! And I pay your salaries. Do not open your mouth there. I employ you.”

"I employ you" :rofl89:

Archived