Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do you want to see play in Super Bowl 50?

hail2skins

I think Bill retires with Brady. But I think if no serious injuries hit, Brady can play at a pretty high level for another 4 seasons, which is just insane.

Who knows, maybe he wins # 5 this year and goes out on top as the only QB ever with 5 but I see him as a guy so competitive that he will be playing until his arm falls off

In fact, I can't even lie, I would love to see him accept the SB trophy from Goodell after everything that happened, despite how much I hate all Boston teams.

I think Brady will go as long as he can or until he breaks Mannings records for career passing yards and TDs.  Brady won't say it but make no mistake, he wants to retire with those records and be the undisputed GOAT.  Right now he's roughly 14,000 yards and 111 TDS behind Manning.  If Brady can sustain his current level of play for another 4 seasons he'll have them.    

Personally, I want to see Goodell have to hand Tom the trophy. I think that would be priceless. That and I've had an affinity for that team and Brady since the first run. People hate them because they're that good. 

As an aside, it really is crazy to think that Tom, Peyton or Big Ben have represented the AFC in the SB for all but one of the last 13 years, this year included. That's nuts to think about. Shows what a franchise QB means. The players around them have changed through multiple times but they keep coming back. 

Ranked and discussed.  Essentially, every team has something interesting to gain, so I genuinely am rooting based on legacies combined with the likelihood of a good game. 

#1. Patriots Over Carolina.  In about as heavyweight of a SB matchup you could ever have, the best HC/QB combo in history separate themselves unequivocally.

#2 Carolina over Patriots.  Still the best matchup of heavyweights, but Cam enters a whole new stratosphere beating the NFLs best of the millennium, something RW and the seahawks couldn't do.

#3 Denver over Carolina.  Probably the most memorable SB if it were to play out this way (I just worry it wouldn't). Winning a second SB over the NFC's best would really change his all time status and probably put him in the "anyone but Brady and Montana" category.  I'm sure there would be the best post game footage of any SB since probably the Elway SBs.  Manning winning would be the greatest theater of all combinations.  But - I really think this matchup goes to the panthers if it happened so playing the odds and would rather just have Carolina and NE in the SB.

#4 Arizona over Patriots. This is when you are getting to the next tier of outcomes.   Arizona beating the Pats just like Carolina would obviously be cool but I think Carolina having a far younger QB have the greater likelihood of maintaining excellence so would rather see Cam get the SB and start a run.  

#5 Denver over Arizona.  Sadly, even though I love Arians as a coach, I just worry they would be the worse NFC rep if I am hoping for a classic game.  But Manning getting that SB would still be cool.

#6 Pats over Arizona.  Brady/Belichick still do their thing, but I just don't think it will feel as epic of an achievement as the other NFC team being there.  I feel like this outcome would just feel inevitable.  Just like the Steelers/Arizona SB a few years back.

#7 Arizona over Denver.  I think either game where Denver loses will just be a sour game.  Denver losing means that Peyton most likely plays terrible since they don't need an elite of elite performance by him due to their D. 

#8 Carolina over Denver.  This is my least favorite combination because I think it most likely is the least competitive of all matchups. Essentially, if Denver is in the SB, I almost have to root for them because I don't think Manning getting destroyed in a SB again is fun viewing.  Then the announcers will just talk like it's a funeral the whole game, it will be so annoying. 

My Superbowl pick was Arizona over New England; so I want that matchup.

Thing is, I think the Pats are going to repeat as champs; no matter who they play.  That experience will give them the edge over either the Cards or Panthers.

Manning is done and will be embarrassed tomorrow.  He needs to retire after the AFc Championship game.  Brady will get his revenge.

Archived