Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Congrats to Chris Cooley - FOX Broadcaster

illone

Cooley is currently doing the Cards vs Browns game, in the booth.

Anyone know how recent he got promoted?

Anyways, congrats to him.  Hope he still does Redskins radio.  I enjoy listening to him, he does a great job and deserves the success he is having.

I thought he said he didn't want to do TV full time, loves the radio show and vibe with Czabe and Galdi?

Its probably just a one time thing since he does Skins radio color commentary and we're off this week.

A lot of broadcasters pull double duty. Kenny Albert does Rangers hockey games. Joe Buck does baseball. Dick Stockton and Kevin Harlan do basketball on TNT.

Originally, Fox had planned for Donovan McNabb to be in the booth as their final broadcast team. Then he went and got his second DUI and all that went to crap.

So Fox's audible at the last moment was to instead have a rotating football personality in that analyst/color guy role throughout the season. Cooley was tapped for this game since the Redskins were on bye and it wouldn't cut into his regularly scheduled Redskin broadcasts.

• 3 weeks later...

He's a natural. He kind of reminds me of Tony Siragusa,  in the way he talks about the game, breaks it down, etc.  Good insight. 

Siragusa?  LOL. 

Might as well have a 350 pound turkey standing on the sidelines w/ grease dripping everywhere to do the job.  He's insufferable. 

No clue how Cooley did, but there HAS to be a better person to compare him to. 

Siragusa?  LOL. 

Might as well have a 350 pound turkey standing on the sidelines w/ grease dripping everywhere to do the job.  He's insufferable. 

No clue how Cooley did, but there HAS to be a better person to compare him to. 

Ehh...I see your point, but I guess Cooley  comes across as a guy sitting at a bar breaking down the game while downing a cold one.  He is good, but not really professional like some of them in the booth. Sirgusa makes good points at times if you can get past what he looks like. lol 

Archived