Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Gun Control Debate Thread

Dont Taze Me Bro

4 minutes ago, twa said:

Do you have any numbers on that scenario?

You should do the homework on that and report back to the class.

See Pumpkin, there's a difference between what you said and what I said, mine was establishing a hypothetical while your's was establishing something unfounded as a reason or rationale.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

See, par for the course with you and the rest of the ilk on the Right. You lob out a "reason" as if you have substance backing up the claim when in reality it's nothing more than another bull**** ploy to muddy the waters. 

Truely is all they know how to do. They like to act like their master and just troll, offering little of substance. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

So @twa other than just parroting out 2nd Amendment as if it's some sort of trump card over all reason and rational thinking.

Why should cars be MORE regulated than gun?

they aren't unless you count manufacturing, autos are much more complex.

11 minutes ago, twa said:

they aren't unless you count manufacturing, autos are much more complex.

That's funny, I can by an AR-15 from a yard sale with zero registration or license. But I can't drive a car without registration, insurance, and licensure.

I know you love being obtuse on purpose because I suppose you think it makes you look clever and smart, but even you know you're lying.

Oh yeah, I forgot that I can order all my parts anonymously and from third parties to make my own ghosted AR all online, so the gov't won't even know it exists.

But yeah, go on telling us how much more guns are regulated than cars.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

That's funny, I can by an AR-15 from a yard sale with zero registration or license. But I can't drive a car without registration, insurance, and licensure.

I know you love being obtuse on purpose because I suppose you think it makes you look clever and smart, but even you know you're lying.

I bought a drag car at 15, no licence.ins or registration required

I bought a motorcycle and have never had a licence and obviously no ins or registration required.

want me to post a stupid graphic like you?

main-qimg-e09d4ae942b3c061bfc6b4a6f02ab622.webp

8 minutes ago, twa said:

I bought a drag car at 15, no licence.ins or registration required

I bought a motorcycle and have never had a licence and obviously no ins or registration required.

want me to post a stupid graphic like you?

Did you drive them on roads?

in other words use them to get around in?

Tell ya what, let's agree that guns should have the same regulations as those cars you bought. That way you can't use them in public and are only able to use them in hyper controlled environments like shooting ranges and your garage.

Of course the level of obtuseness continues.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

1 minute ago, twa said:

What kinda idiot would think regulating two totally different things the same way would be good?

Agreeing to such idiocy would make me one too...I'll pass :807:

LoL!!

What kind of idiot would think that guns should have less regulations on their ownership and use than cars?

Oh, yeah, you.

• Like 1

Just now, AsburySkinsFan said:

LoL!!

What kind of idiot would think that guns should have less regulations on their ownership and use than cars?

Oh, yeah, you.

they don't have less, they have different ones .....see previous post as to why 

can a felon buy a car?

Can you sell a gun across state lines?

Just now, twa said:

they don't have less, they have different ones .....see previous post as to why 

can a felon buy a car?

Can you sell a gun across state lines?

Yawn, this is the ****ing problem, people like you would rather play ****ing games than solve this thing.

To drive a car:

Driver training

Driver testing

Driver licensure

Auto licensing

Auto insurance

Annual renewals

To own and use a gun:

Nothing

The day you wake up and realize that this is where we start is the day I'll start taking you seriously. Until then you're just another troll on the internet.

Personally, I don't care which you choose.

G'nite.

2 hours ago, twa said:

Maybe you will make more sense after you get some sleep.

Right, training, testing, restricting, licensing, registering, and insuring a device that takes you to work makes absolute sense, while doing the same for a device that's sole intended purpose is to kill is absurd.

You got it buddy. Because if that's your logic then you're seriously fried.

All rested up and it still makes sense to put killing devices under the same types of governance as we put commuting devices.

1st Amendment isn't absolute and neither is the 2nd.

You have to get approved for a permit to express yourself through protest, but not own an AR. Want to carry an AR with a 100 round magazine a busy street? No problem.

Perfectly legal right up until you decide to shoot 35 people in 30 seconds. Bear in mind the car you drove there is not only registered, licensed, and insured, but you also had to prove to the government that you knew how to operate it safely, and if you decided to drive that car through the crowd you've decided to shoot up, you might kill a couple people at most.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Haha 1

Strongly suspect that I'd object to some of her proposals.  

And I've got better odds of being President than she has of getting these proposals passed.  

But props for having the guts to actually go on record making the suggestios.  

• Thanks 1

I see the plan to arm school officials is working well...

Second suspect wanted for stolen AR-15, tactical vest from Macon co. school turns himself in

MACON COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) — UPDATE: Macon Co. Sheriff confirms with News 2 that 18-year-old Lee Clark has now turned himself in.

Sheriff’s offices in Macon and Clay counties were searching for an AR-15 missing from a school.

Officials said the sheriff’s department issued AR-15 and a tactical vest were stolen from Red Boiling Springs School in Macon County.

Macon County Superintendent Tony Boles told News 2 the SRO’s office at the school was broken into overnight. The gun and a tactical vest were taken.

Boles said the school was put on lockdown procedures and the students were “never in any danger.” He said parents weren’t notified because the investigation was ongoing and they didn’t want to cause panic.

The AR-15 and vest were recovered in the woods in Macon County.

Adam Cisneros, the man wanted in connection with the theft, turned himself into the Macon County Sheriff’s Department. They are looking for another suspect, 18-year-old Lee Clark.

Click on the link for the full article

And there you see the problem with the "arm the school" talking point.  

In order to have one "good guy with a gun" at one school shooting, you have to put thousands (10s of thousands?) of guns, in thousands of schools.  And keep them there, just in case they're needed.  

And those thousands of guns will slightly increase the risk to students, themselves.  "Aw, ****!" will, occasionally, happen.  

- - - 

Also, gee, who would have thought that when you put an AR-15 in a school, you should budget for a safe to keep it in, too?  

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

And there you see the problem with the "arm the school" talking point.  

In order to have one "good guy with a gun" at one school shooting, you have to put thousands (10s of thousands?) of guns, in thousands of schools.  And keep them there, just in case they're needed.  

And those thousands of guns will slightly increase the risk to students, themselves.  "Aw, ****!" will, occasionally, happen.  

- - - 

Also, gee, who would have thought that when you put an AR-15 in a school, you should budget for a safe to keep it in, too?  

Dude, this is the NRA's entire plan, you know how much money this would add to the firearms market?

I bet the NRA does.

Remember the NRA is the gun industry lobby. What a stroke of genius to convince people that adding guns everywhere will make us safer.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan