Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anyone know ...

TK

Are you talking about [spoiler tags instead of quote tags?

Yea. If quotes automatically did that with a show button you had to click to display the quote.

People would be notified that they had been quoted and for others you could click to view the text of just breeze past it if you didn't care.

See Rule 3. :)

Aw.

Yea. If quotes automatically did that with a show button you had to click to display the quote.

People would be notified that they had been quoted and for others you could click to view the text of just breeze past it if you didn't care.

On other forums, if I reply to a bunch of quotes in the same post, I just spoiler the whole section of quotes and leave my reply un-spoilered.

Some years ago I even put up a sticky on rule 11 and we left it there for months and all the mods posted a lot of warnings in many threads for weeks because we'd undergone a real epidemic of violations and we were going to enforce it much more aggressively for a time (bans and all). And there were still many guys blithely violating it in just mind-numbing manner.  :lol:

Someday I may have to see if I can find and repost an epic thread of similar stripe---one that I wrote the OP on to stem a ongoing flood of new threads being started for month after month that violated one or more of those rules. It was made a couple years (I think) after Art "invented" the No New Threads setting (which we can't do with the new software). And it features a bunch of the most clueless idjits and self-immolating keyboard warriors going at it with staff and other members. There was so much win in it we hated to take it down.  :D

Archived