Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the Redskins the worst team in professional sports?

boobiemiles

Because I have been a fan of this franchise since the 1960s, and have followed faithfully- to me this is the worst franchise I have ever seen!

Redskin's football is no longer what it used to be. I am thankful that I was able to see Joe Gibbs 1/Bobby Beathard. It was a good time to be a Redskin's fan. I am of the opinion until Snyder sells the team we will continue to be a disgrace when it comes to future teams. No, not even Scot can fix Snyder issues. Snyder will never learn so until that day comes we continue to swirl in place.

A case can be made..  but, we've had somewhat recent success,, a few playoff appearances in the last decade or so.

But in terms of laughing-stock material, massive bags of crap blowing up in our faces, hard luck story after hard luck story, coaching carousels, and an owner who try as he might, can't help but get in the way and bungle things...  yes, we'r in the conversation.

other than the Browns, Bengals and Rams of the 90s,    over the last 24 years, not many have been losers as consistently as we have. winning has been an anomaly for almost a quarter century.

~Bang

Are we worse than the Al Davis Raiders?

Redskin's football is no longer what it used to be. I am thankful that I was able to see Joe Gibbs 1/Bobby Beathard. It was a good time to be a Redskin's fan....

I agree with you RWJ on the first part of your post, and I have the same experience, so maybe that's why I find it impossible to say "worst sports franchise" because I've seen the good times and I still remember them, so it's hard for me to view the team as separate from their history.

Especially in the 90s and most of 2000s (other than a couple Rich Gannon and John Gruden years, heck, we had Gibbs for 2 playoff runs more recently).

Oh heavens yes. Al Davis was a top owner before his mind went. Young Dan Snyder is just as bad as the senile, dementia-ridden Al Davis that you remember. We have to suffer through about 3 more decades of this crap and then when starts losing his marbles, the fun really starts.

Archived